cleaning a coffee maker?

muffyn

"hmmm*
alright my coffee maker has the blinky red light that tells it I NEED to clean it.

I have tried
vinegar
Mr. coffee cleaner
dip-it cleaner for coffee pots

it is still blinking.

any ideas?

Well I recently had a similar problem with our new coffeemaker and had to get the manual out. It turns out I didn't actually clean it, I just brewed a few pots of vinegar! You had to actually set the coffeemaker to "clean" vs. "brew" by pushing the button until the "clean" light stayed on (it was flashing like you are saying). Then I ran a few more pots of vinegar through on that setting and the light went off when it was finished.

So I'm not sure if that's your issue or not, but you might want to look at the manual.

Well I recently had a similar problem with our new coffeemaker and had to get the manual out. It turns out I didn't actually clean it, I just brewed a few pots of vinegar! You had to actually set the coffeemaker to "clean" vs. "brew" by pushing the button until the "clean" light stayed on (it was flashing like you are saying). Then I ran a few more pots of vinegar through on that setting and the light went off when it was finished.

So I'm not sure if that's your issue or not, but you might want to look at the manual.

oh crud, i bet that is what I did!!!!!!!!

now where is that smiley banging head on wall??

oh crud, i bet that is what I did!!!!!!!!

now where is that smiley banging head on wall??

Hey, you're making me feel better! When I did it, I was just thinking - how dumb am I? But if there's two of us, see we're not dumb -- it's a bad design! At least that's my story. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter