Classic Florida Sunshower

zackiedawg

WEDway Peoplemover Rider
Just home from work, and jumping on the web this evening, when just before dinner I noticed that unique and odd color glowing through the windows from outside that usually means 'cool Florida sunset'. But instead of a glorious glowing sunset sky of orange clouds, I found the off colors were from a nice rainstorm that had floated by just a bit before sunset - the sun shining through the rain and clouds was creating a lovely soft color. I had my T100 subcompact charged and ready as always, so I stepped out the front door and snapped a few shots of a Florida classic scene - a sunshower:

116633019.jpg

116633017.jpg

116633024.jpg

116633022.jpg

Facing east, the sky wasn't as dramatic, but the lovely golden hour glow and the shiny sheen left by the falling rain made the backyard lovely too (I jumped in the pool 5 minutes after the shot...couldn't resist!):

116633015.jpg

Sometimes despite the heat and the bugs, you just gotta love Florida!

We had a classic midwest isolated thunderstorm the other night. I was caught in it on the highway, in my convertible, with the top down. I'll take a Florida sunshower anyday. You captured the light very nicely. :)

Thanks all...much appreciated. I love late day light, and though I only had an ultra-compact charged and ready, I was happy to have a camera ready than to have had none at all.

We get the nasty thunderstorm cells too - in fact, had one for about 1 1/2 hours this afternoon from 4:30pm to 6pm or so...dropped 3 inches of rain and lots of lightning. Not quite as pretty and scenic as the sunshowers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter