• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Clarion Universal

vriez

Earning My Ears
Looking to stay off site for 14 nights and don't want to make a big mistake....Has anyone got feedback on Clarion Universal? I don't know if I should wait for another deal from Marriott or book Clarion U. for $54.60 per night (entertainment price). Any other suggestions for a good off site with a nice pool with reasonable rate,(14 nights would kill me!) would be greatly appreciated! :cool1:

I stayed there one night before a convention last year and will probally not stay again. My room was dirty. When I say dirty I mean reallly, really filthy. I changed rooms 3 times before I got one i was willing to spend the night in. the carpets on the first floor were damp and I wore my shoes the whole time except in bed. When I walked on the carpet my socks got wet. The have serious enviro problems at this motel.

Also in the morning when we checked out they double billed us even though we paid through priceline. It took a phone call on my part to straighten it out. I should also mention that some people who were waiting for the transportation to Universal were ticked off because they had to pay for shuttle service even though the motel advertised Free service to the parks.

This hotel is about a 1 1/2 stars. Priceline has it downgraded to a 2 now. It was a 2 1/2 when we won our auction and at $40 a night we paid $40 too much.

Look elsewhere. There are nicer places for the same amount of money. Try Hotwire, priceline, hotel kingdom, bookit, and doorlando to look for better deals.

Also read the reviews on tripadvisor.com for Orlando. It gives you a better idea of which places not to stay.

I also recommend that with a stay as long as yours that maybe renting a poolhome or a condo would be better for you. Staying in a cramped hotel room for 2 weeks will get old very fast. Maybe split your stay between two places as well. Variety is good.

Jane

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter