Clarification on waitlists

pianomanzano

DIS Veteran
I currently have a reservation for days 1-4 and the 5th days is unavailable. If I make a waitlist, should it be for days 1 through 5 with the option selected to replace the existing reservation of days 1-4? Or, should a waitlist be made just for day 5? I guess what I'm basically asking is if the system knows that I have the other days currently booked and will only look for availability for the 5th day, such that it will fulfill the waitlist right when the 5th day becomes available (if I have the option checked to replace the existing reservation)? Thanks!

Sounds like a plan, thanks! Just have to wait a couple days to make that waitlist since it's more than 7months.

Not to over take this post, but we know why the made the waitlist option to stop at 31 days, but why 7 days as an option as well?

Not to over take this post, but we know why the made the waitlist option to stop at 31 days, but why 7 days as an option as well?
If the waitlist is for LESS points than what you want it to replace then the point differential would go into holding if the replacement happened 30 days or less from the check in date. That is the reason for the 31 day option.

If the waitlist is for the same or more points than what it replaces then the 7 day option is there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter