citricos and bistro de paris

nutty4wdw

DIS Veteran
has anyone any comments on citricos and bistro de paris. trouble is family members are basic meat and potatoes type. is the food at these two restaurants too fancy.

Bistro is going to have French waiters with accents. Your napkins will be folded into the shape of little tuxedos. The wine list will be expensive. Personally, this is probably my favorite WDW restuarant but I would consider it upscale. Citricos is not as "fancy". I do not think the food is as good as Bistro. The first time to Citricos, we really enjoyed it. However, 2 subsequent return trips were more disappointing. Bistro has been excellent each time (it's always our last dinner of the trip). But I wouldn't call it a meat and potatoes kind of place. Neither is Citricos for that matter but it is a little more casual.

Check out the menus for Bistro and Citricos, and see if you spot anything that would appeal to your meat-and-potatoes family members.

Personally, I wouldn't take meat-and-potatoes folks to either place. They're both very expensive, and it's no fun to pay a lot of money and then be struggling to find something they'd like on the menu.

We have been to both.

We absolutely love Bistro. The food and service are fantastic. I think you would be fine with adults..non adventerous eaters..no problem there.

Citrocos...the service is outstanding. The food hit or miss. Some things are excellent, some, well, mediocre at best.

Bistro has been excellent each time (it's always our last dinner of the trip). But I wouldn't call it a meat and potatoes kind of place. Neither is Citricos for that matter but it is a little more casual.

I would agree with that. Maybe someplace in the Swan/Dolphin or even Yachtsman steak house. Never really thought about this since we tend to order the more off-beat stuff that goes along what the restaurant is specializing in. Like no steak/chops/lamb, etc. at Narcoossee's or the now defunct Alfredo's, etc.

Larry

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter