Cinderella's Table or Be our Guest dinner?

Stephencb

Earning My Ears
Sounds like I'm out of the loop. We are not huge Disney fanatics like a lot of you guys but we do love it so I'm asking for opinion.

Last time we went Cinderella's (CRT) was the ticket to get. Now it appears the tide has shifted to Be Our Guest (BOG). I was fortunate to find some late dinner options for CRT to which I was quite pleased and then read about all the hype for BOG. I am trying to squeeze in a lunch at BOG but am wondering if I should be working a dinner angle - not available but it could pop up.

What are your thoughts?

My girls are 6 and 9. One was an infant last time we went and did CRT the other was young and doesn't really remember although we sure do as she LOVED it then and as parents our memories of her experience are priceless - but she was also probably 3.5-4 yrs old.

Thanks!

BOG dinner is probably the hardest meal to get currently. I would try and do lunch there to see the Beast's castle - very well done theming. Lunch is only a QS credit if you are on the Dining Plan, or you can order what you want if not, so is cheaper, but still sit down and have food brought to you like TS. You can walk around, take pics, and see all three rooms and can choose your favorite to sit in(usually - few reports on here of being seated, but you could still ask for a room, and can walk around anyway). At dinner however (if you can get an ADR!) you will be seated, and not as easy to roam around, as everyone is seated for dinner. The only thing you miss at lunch is meeting the Beast, who is only at dinner, if that is impt to you.

IMHO, for your girls age if they enjoy princesses, and don't remember last time, I think CRT is a such a magical experience. My DD was 5 our first time and it a very special memory, as she was dressed as Snow White, her fave, and she was the first to come over, and said, "You're my twin!"My daughter was in awe! (I have to keep these times in mind when I am dealing with the now 14 yr old!). We always did brft as the cheapest if we were not on dining plan or didn't want to use two credits.

If you are trying to get BOG for either meal, try Touring Plans Reservation Finder if you haven't already. You can make a free account, and put in two at a time, and it will send you a text if one pops up and you can try and grab it before it is gone. Can also check Cancelled ADR thread for your month. Lunch again is easier than dinner - been helping friends who planned in May for next week, and have only gotten a 9:20pm, which is fine for them (20somethings), but late for young ones.

With 6 and 9 year old daughters, I think I'd go for CRT. My daughter was 5 on our last visit and she still hasn't stopped talking about the princesses and how they're waiting for her to come back and visit again soon. :lovestruc

We have a BOG dinner booked for one of our upcoming visits, but I'm considering canceling because (1) my now-6 year old is pretty scared of the beast, (2) my picky kids didn't see a single option on the kids dinner menu they liked, and (3) the only spot I could get is later than I'd like with two young kids. I personally would prefer BOG since the menu appeals to me more, but purely from the kids' vantage point CRT wins.

We thought lunch at BOG was great because it was fast with preordering, there were cupcakes, and we still got to see inside the the castle (which is beautiful!). We're trying a PPO breakfast this time and hoping it's just as good. (And I second the Touring Plans reservation recommendation!)

Thanks. All I can find so far are singles for BOG at lunch. I can hope they will let us in at the same time although they are a little apart - 1:40, 1:50, 2:05 and then 2:25. I think I am going to try in case nothing opens up.
Thoughts?

I like both meals at BOG, but I think I like dinner just a little bit more. It's a really hard to get reservation for dinner, but I found really late at night is when times pop up when I tried to get one. You can only meet the Beast at dinner and it's a TS instead of quick service which is nice.

I would vote for CRT. If your girls love the princesses, this is the place for them.

Have a great trip!

BOG is lackluster to me. The atmosphere is great but you can easily go for lunch. The food at dinner is overpriced.

CRT has an amazing atmosphere with the promise of lots of memories to be made. Food isn't super stellar but the experience is worth it, IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter