Cinderella’s Royal Table of Disappointment

well, that is disappointing to hear. we are going in August and my daughter is taking a friend who has never been to Disney and LOVES the princesses. While I figured they were not all out together doing walk by's and such, I thought at least Cinderella would make a quick appearance upstairs while we ate. That's what she did last year. ugh! now i'm on the fence. :(

Oh man, I didn't know about this update to the restaurant, I thought Cinderella was still walking around and waving from a distance. Now we'll have to wait in line? :(

Oh man, I didn't know about this update to the restaurant, I thought Cinderella was still walking around and waving from a distance. Now we'll have to wait in line? :(
Cinderella has always been downstairs and there is never much of a line. Maybe one family waiting in front of your family. All the other princesses are upstairs.

Staffing and the infamous princess shortage continues. It’s why Pooh is now barely (or should I say bearly?) coming back and why Akershus or 1900 Park Fare hasn’t reopened yet. Or why we don’t have the DDP back yet. I do agree, that if the experience is reduced then the price should be too.

It's too bad that they aren't giving notice of this change, because a lot of people would cancel and then there would be the people that are not as into the characters but the atmosphere that would swoop right in and take those spots that were canceled.

For us, not having the characters upstairs now was actually a draw. We bypassed meeting Cinderella downstairs too. We remember doing the castle several times as a walkup 30+ years ago there weren't any characters back then. For just the two of us, the characters change the atmosphere and that's something we like to avoid. We especially miss Akershus in Epcot for this reason. We'd actually like it if they set aside some times or even a section (easier in Akershus) for those who aren't interested in meeting characters. Of course, as our toddler grandson gets older and starts to go to Disney, we will likely go back to character meals for him.

Yessss.....I miss Akershus, we attempted it once with the characters after it became a character meal and it went from a nice intimate atmosphere with excellent food to a circus! LOL!! Yes, we have kids (3 of them) and we love Character meals every now and then but in some places it just seems odd to stick them there for a money grab.

We went in August and loved it. The "wait" to meet Cinderella was in the air conditioned lobby while you waited for your table to be available... and it was so much more interaction - even with hugs for kids that wanted them - than the walk through she did upstairs in late 2021. The Tangled Pasta and Clock Strikes
midnight were amazing, never mind how awesome it is to be in the castle. We would go again in a heartbeat!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter