Cinderella’s Royal Table of Disappointment

TheKurtStrauss

Earning My Ears
I’m disappointed with the decline and “reimagining” of Character Dining. While, I do not recall if CRT was ever officially a Character Dining Experience the past precedent firmly established it as a Princess Dining Experience. Now, today, Cinderella’s Royal Table is nothing more than a Royal Bore.

2019 Trip - We all remember the princesses walking table to table greeting and taking photos.

2021 Trip - Cinderella walked through the Dining floor and stood for photos with no children. I was perfectly understanding of this considering the world climate with Covid.

2022 May (Yesterday) Trip - All Measures have been dropped. Princesses are hugging and taking photos. Cinderella has returned to the Entry Lobby for individual photos but no Photo Pass Person. Upstairs there are absolutely NO princesses and Cinderella does not even walkthrough.

So. You basically are paying a premium to eat in a cramped “themed” castle? I don’t care about the money. It’s the experience that is so disappointing. It could be so much better and yet Disney once again fails to make investments in entertainment and character labor.

Is it worth it? My vote - No. unfortunately the food for a table service restaurant is by far the best at MK and that is not saying much.

Save the money, eat a burger at Pinocchio’s and go to a better themed experience on property.

Kurt

I know they are working hard to restaff these character meals now that up-close character meets have returned. Hopefully by the end of the summer, it will all be back to normal!

I ate breakfast last month there solo and it was just the meet and greet in the foyer. I don't understand why there is no photographer. Since I was alone I didn't get a photo. There was a CM there but she wasn't offering to take pictures. I guess I could have asked but it seemed awkward. It is expensive for what you get. One and done for me.

This is really sad to hear. I cancelled my reservation after learning she is just in the lobby and you have to wait in a line just to see her. No characters upstairs is just ridiculous!
For us, not having the characters upstairs now was actually a draw. We bypassed meeting Cinderella downstairs too. We remember doing the castle several times as a walkup 30+ years ago there weren't any characters back then. For just the two of us, the characters change the atmosphere and that's something we like to avoid. We especially miss Akershus in Epcot for this reason. We'd actually like it if they set aside some times or even a section (easier in Akershus) for those who aren't interested in meeting characters. Of course, as our toddler grandson gets older and starts to go to Disney, we will likely go back to character meals for him.

CRT was the highlight of my kids' trip and they excitedly talk about going back there. For them the draw was 200% eating inside the castle and pretending to be princesses and I thought the food and service was great!

Sad to hear. I’ve so wanted to take my daughter here, but if there are no princesses, what’s the point?

Op, I could not agree more. Check in was a mess last night, the service was just so so, no Cinderella...180 degree difference from our Nov 2020 trip. Even then we had a socially distanced Cinderella!

For us, not having the characters upstairs now was actually a draw. We bypassed meeting Cinderella downstairs too. We remember doing the castle several times as a walkup 30+ years ago there weren't any characters back then. For just the two of us, the characters change the atmosphere and that's something we like to avoid. We especially miss Akershus in Epcot for this reason. We'd actually like it if they set aside some times or even a section (easier in Akershus) for those who aren't interested in meeting characters. Of course, as our toddler grandson gets older and starts to go to Disney, we will likely go back to character meals for him.
CRT was the highlight of my kids' trip and they excitedly talk about going back there. For them the draw was 200% eating inside the castle and pretending to be princesses and I thought the food and service was great!
I feel like this is fine and totally makes sense. Though the caveat is - as long as it’s not at a character dining price and people don’t expect characters.

If there’s no princesses upstairs than it should not be priced so high. I’m *so* glad I took my Mom last October. She at least got to see Cinderella a few times! 😔
Sadly I know everything that’s missing. Years ago I went to Cinderella’s Royal Table for a milestone Birthday 🎂 Every princess was there to talk to me and wish me a Happy Birthday! I even had a cake made to look like Belle and had a crown and balloon as part of a package. I was presented with a large photo of my Husband and I with Cinderella in a nice folder! So sad to hear what it’s become. 😔

I don’t understand why it isn’t back. Napa Rose in Disneyland is back to a regular princess meal with all of the characters, hugs etc. Don’t know why it’s still different at Disney World.

There was no Cinderella meet and greet at all the other night? I’m on the fence about cancelling this for next month.

We went on Friday and got to meet Cinderella before going up. We really enjoyed it but it was our first time. I did wonder why there wasn't a photographer with Cinderella. For as much as it costs you'd think they could have a photographer. The attendant took a picture but it's not a very good one. I did get some on my own with my kids but I would've liked a nice full family picture. I'm glad Cinderella was there. I didn't realize her not being there was an option.

We went on Friday and got to meet Cinderella before going up. We really enjoyed it but it was our first time. I did wonder why there wasn't a photographer with Cinderella. For as much as it costs you'd think they could have a photographer. The attendant took a picture but it's not a very good one. I did get some on my own with my kids but I would've liked a nice full family picture. I'm glad Cinderella was there. I didn't realize her not being there was an option.
I agree they should have a photographer for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter