Christmas trip

mercydisney

Is it on sale?
Planning a Universal Christmas Trip.
I am a FL resident. Planning a Family Christmas trip for 5. Do you all think I should get an AP to get benefits? Or do you think I should just get a package?
Any input’s appreciated!

AP hotel rates might be tough to lock in at that time. You can always look for those rates and book them prior to having an AP. If you find a good rate, grab it, and get the AP before the end of your trip.

If all 5 can fit in one room, it's worth looking at the Premiere resorts (Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, and Portofino) to get the Express Passes.

Christmas there can be a lot of fun, but it's also very busy. Express Passes and hotel prices are adjusted accordingly and both will be expensive.

In general, I think the typical advice is to price it as a package and a la carte.

AP hotel rates might be tough to lock in at that time. You can always look for those rates and book them prior to having an AP. If you find a good rate, grab it, and get the AP before the end of your trip.

If all 5 can fit in one room, it's worth looking at the Premiere resorts (Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, and Portofino) to get the Express Passes.

Christmas there can be a lot of fun, but it's also very busy. Express Passes and hotel prices are adjusted accordingly and both will be expensive.

In general, I think the typical advice is to price it as a package and a la carte.
Thank you I will! I looked at the package in the website it was shocking what a 2 day trip would cost.

If you're only going for 2 days definitely consider a premiere hotel at Christmas - one night gives you 2 days of unlimited EP for all 5 in your party (assuming all are on the hotel reservation.)

As a Florida Resident, make sure to check FL Resident rates for tix and the room - the ones for the room are the same or very close to the AP rates - probably won't be able to see the discounted rooms until late July or early August.

We've never found any package cheaper than booking/purchasing seperately a sFlorida Residents, but it' sjust he 2 of us - not sure if packages work better for a larger party.

If you're only going for 2 days definitely consider a premiere hotel at Christmas - one night gives you 2 days of unlimited EP for all 5 in your party (assuming all are on the hotel reservation.)

As a Florida Resident, make sure to check FL Resident rates for tix and the room - the ones for the room are the same or very close to the AP rates - probably won't be able to see the discounted rooms until late July or early August.

We've never found any package cheaper than booking/purchasing seperately a sFlorida Residents, but it' sjust he 2 of us - not sure if packages work better for a larger party.
Thanks for the advice!! I love the idea of waiting until July or August. Do you think they will still have rooms available for the hotels that offer the quick pass?
That is what has me worried 😟

Thanks for the advice!! I love the idea of waiting until July or August. Do you think they will still have rooms available for the hotels that offer the quick pass?
Hmmmm....I would expect so but we haven't gone at that time of year since Christmas 2021.

You can also consider a package and an AP for one person. We did something like that for a trip when most of the group got individual tickets and my wife got an AP to give us some of the discounts and credits.

Yeap, but unfortunately that’s when I can get all the kids together.
We know the feeling. My wife is a teacher, so we're limited to going during the busy times - be it Christmas, Spring Break, or Summer.

Now that our kids are out of the house and have jobs, Christmas is the best time for everyone to get off from work. That left us paying for the week between Christmas and New Years for 8 people last year.
You could book now, then if you see an AP or FL rate, grab that and cancel the first booking. The cancellation policy is very forgiving.

You could book now, then if you see an AP or FL rate, grab that and cancel the first booking. The cancellation policy is very forgiving.
This. Room only is a great cancellation policy - cancel for full refund up until 5-6 days out. You can also modify your room/rate online, if it's the same hotel. A different hotel will necessitate cancel/rebook, but you get the cancelled room's deposit back in a few weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter