Christmas Tree in your resort room

Are the ornaments of collectible quality? If so, that alone can cost more than $100 or so. Personally, I am thinking about buying my own pre-lit tree too and decorating with inexpensive, non-breakable Disney ornaments. Makes for easier packing. I am not sure I want to worry about packing fragile, ornate ornaments to send home.

On the other hand, what a wonderful surprise for the kids and DH if they walk into a resort room with a Christmas tree all set up already! :)

That's what I was thinking, too.. to surprise everyone (figured I could use the $$ I saved with the discount code on the room as it was "found" $$ anyway). A lot of the disney ornaments you get onsite are expensive.. so while the cost is high.. I have $$ I wasn't planning on.. it would be a great surprise and I would have the tree (and the disney ornaments from disney) for future xmases to remind us of our trip. We are flying and then driving a ways and arriving after dinner time and the thought of dealing with the tree, etc. with all the luggage and everything else isn't at all appealing :)

I figured with the fragile ornaments I will just do what I do with fragile stuff that we purchase when there, put it inbetween all the dirty clothes.. they make great backing material !

We had fun decorating the room when we got there. Our deluxe concierge room at the BWI has an extra sitting room so I definately wanted a 5ft tree. We also purchased a tree topper and several ornaments while there. Since I didn't spend much for the tree I left it there and just packed the decorations along with all the presents and things we bought and shipped it all home. Maybe the offerings from the Florist will be entirely different this year can't wait!! Laurie :D

swclark,
I think they will ship the tree home for you. I think that I would let them do the packing if anything is broken they will replace it. What a wonderful surprise. Merry Christmas.

thanks.. I will definitely ask when I make the call in the fall. The poster above who had called recently, said that the florist leaves the box they deliver the tree to the hotel in for shipping and that they also suggested another box for fragile things (maybe I can get some additional packing, like bubble wrap, from the hotel, too :)...

Does anyone know if Disney Florist has a brochure coming out this fall with all christmas items, including the trees?

Diznee25
WDW Christmas Bride Dec. 2003

I stayed in a suite at the Animal Kingdom Lodge this past December. It was especially lovely since it came decorated with an African-inspired Christmas tree. I did not order the tree, it was in the suite when I checked in (of course it was still there when I checked out, too ;) ).

AKL Suite Christmas Tree Photo #1
AKL Suite Christmas Tree Photo #2
AKL Suite Christmas Tree Photo #3
AKL Suite Christmas Tree Photo #4

And my favorite photo -- AKL Suite Christmas Tree Photo #5

Okay, you've seen extravagant, now you can see something just as lovely but a heck of a lot more reasonable ;) ...

BWV Christmas Tree Photo

Which Christmas tree did I prefer? Both of them! Each was lovely in their own right, and each got the feeling of Christmas across in its own way. Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.

By the way, if you want to read about something truly wonderful that made my Christmas at WDW magical beyond words, please read my old thread -- click here to go to my old thread -- just search for the "Santa's Sleigh Event" post. My daughter just brought up that subject a few days ago. And, yes, she still believes in that jolly old elf. Ho! Ho! Ho! ;)

I should also mention that the mini-tree that we had at the BWV was packed up by my Mother when she and my Father left WDW at the end of their portion of our vacation. My Mother wanted the mini-tree since she had planned on donating it to her local Women's Shelter instead of throwing it away. Gotta love my Mom -- she's always thinking of others.

Janet,

Glad you shared the links to those pics for them!

I just wanted to ask you something.
When you first posted the review on your stay did you say that you were able to purchase some of the African-themed ornaments at AKL?

Yes, Purrrrfecta, the AKL's wonderful gift shop was full of the very same African-inspired ornaments that I found on the Christmas tree in my suite. And the prices were reasonable, too, which I found refreshing. Of course I purchased some typical WDW Christmas ornaments to add to my collection at home. ;)

Thanks Janet. Just sooooo excited. I can't wait.
Now, all I have to do is count the days until December:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter