Christmas Time at the Resorts.

jeppy0813

Earning My Ears
Besides the Christmas decorations and gingerbread houses is there any special things to do at the hotels to celebrate? Any special activities?
Thanks
Jen

There are activites such as choirs and games for the kids the week of Christmas, I dont know if there are things other times.

Sleigh rides! We are going on a sleigh ride at Wilderness Lodge this Christmas. You can book the ride now at 1-800-WDW-PLAY for $60 (fits 4 adults, or 2 adults and 3 children). You get a blanket to keep you warm and you may bring drinks along too. I think there are a few other hotels that offer this ride, but not sure what ones.

Also, I think some resorts have special crafts- like decorating gingerbread cookies and such. Good luck in your quest! :goodvibes

I have seen those choirs groups sining in the lobby of the Grand Floridian and in front of the Fantasia store at the Contemporary on the 4th floor.

Coronado Springs Resort Christmas week had golf-cart decorating contest by its employees. They were on display on 12/21 in front for guests to vote for best one. One was decorated like TowMater - really cute. But they were no longer on display by Christmas eve.

And for Christmas eve only CSR had Santa in the registration hall for photos. So did Animal Kingdom Lodge. Don't know about other resorts.

Over at the Poly there was a display of amateur gingerbread Hawaiian Xmas houses made by either reosrt CM's or resort chefs. There are pictures of those several places on the boards.

Most of the resorts will have live entertainment from the Orlando area in the lobbies and/or food courts during the holidays. We have been to WDW 11 Christmases and have never "not" had something during Christmas week. There are usually activities like storytelling for the little ones and Santa visits on Christmas Eve. There will be a schedule posted at your resort.

I know they have this all the time but we did the afternoon tea at GF during the holidays. It made it seem more special and cheerful.

Hi I was just wondering what the temparature is like in December. We are planning a trip and would like to know what to pack.
Thanks

It could be high 60's to mid 70's during the day and low 60's at night...shorts, jeans, t-shirts and a sweatshirt and you should be good.

In past years during Christmas week I've noticed holiday crafts at POP and CBR, Christmas coloring pages at POR, carriage-sleigh rides at FW and WL, and some type of live entertainment at all resorts with GF and WL usually having the most extensive schedule of live entertainment.

Hi I was just wondering what the temparature is like in December. We are planning a trip and would like to know what to pack.
Thanks

We have spent Christmas trips in shorts and T-shirts and we have looked at the water wheel at POR enrobed in ice! Pack layers. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter