Christmas Shopping 2010

I am ALMOST done!! The only people I have left are my mom (Nordstrom GC, just have to go pick that up at some point this week), her new husband (really don't know anything about him. This'll be a challenge, so I've been putting it off.), and a birthday present for my brother (born Dec. 25th! :santa:). Not too bad! I'm taking some PT the week before Christmas (use it or lose it!), so I'll wrap everything up then!

DBF went to TRU this past week to grab stuff for the kids. I still haven't gone through it all, though. I do know he got 2 Zhu Zhu hamsters for DD8 though, so that'll be good! He's currently looking at prices for an Xbox 360 for DS9, so we are going to be getting games as another gift or two. He wants to get the girls a Wii to share, and then I just have to get DS3 a couple more things. Shouldn't be tooooo bad lol.

After that, I just have to buy a gift for his ex-wife's brother. (We will be seeing them on Christmas day and he is autistic so a lot of people forget him...my sister is also autistic so I know how that goes. I want to be sure he has something.) as well as something for MY autistic sister and my dad. Then it's time to ship out.

Bump? Christmas is in 9 days!

Our shopping is DONE we are wrapping tonight, and I'm finishing up cookies to ship!

How is everyone else doing?

I'm finished shopping. It's all wrapped. My packages are shipped to my brother and his family in CT. All cookie dough is made and ready for baking & delivery next week. We started Cmas break two days early thanks to the snow we are getting here in Central VA today (I'm anticipating no school tomorrow, but who knows), so I've shoveled the driveway and DD is out playing in the snow and sledding (one of her gifts, but she got it this morning) with her friends down my front yard!

So since I first started shopping my list has changed quite a bit. I have done some more shopping but I have more to do and it's hard to keep track so here's my new list (mostly for my own benefit) What I've got in red and what I don't have in green.

DH: Chiefs Slippers, Wheel of Time Book, Bubba Keg 52 oz GW gift card
DD13: Art Set, High scool hoodie, Pj's, Snuggie,Acoustic guitar, Moccasins, Makeup stuff (mirror, mascara, lipstick, brush), Maybe a pair of jeans to go with hoodie depending on budget
DD11: Minnie dress, Pj's, Snuggie, Cell phone,BA Doll, Recorder and Book/CD set, Leggings and long sleeve T to go with dress, Makeup stuff (mirror, mascara, lipstick, brush)
DS10:Halo Megabocks, Scrub a Dub doll bath toy, Cell Phone, Pj's, snuggie, Diary of a Whimpy kidLego tub, Rubber ducks and storage container to go with bath stuff
B8: Halo Mega Blocks, Nerf gun, Crayola magic set, Mc Donalds GC
B4: Thomas Mega Blocks,Thomas memory game, Crayola Color Wonder, Mc Donalds GC

Doing one more post because everything changed yet again and I know if I don't see it in writing I will continue to be confused:lmao:.
So final list
DH:Chiefs Slippers, Art Sets, Wheel of Time books, Marines bandanna, Marine Corp. Vet hat
DD13:Guitar, Art Set, High School Hoodie, Moccasins, PJ's, Snuggie, Tinker Bell Charm Bracelet KitSketch Pad
DD11:Cell Phone, Minnie Mouse Dress and Knee high socks, Baby Achoo Doll, PJ's, Snuggie, Barbie Charm Bracelet Kit
DS10: Cell Phone, Scrub a Dub doll and rubber duckies, Halo Mega Blocks Set, PJ's, Snuggie, Diary of a Whimpy Kid Book, Hot Wheels Set.
So close to done I can taste it. I just have those few things in gree to get a few stocking stuffers, have to go to the bank for rolls of quarters and then I'm done:cool1: I do have a tone of baking to do this weeks before we leave for Great Wolf Lodge. I'm making several kinds of Muffins and breakfast breads for breakfasts and I need to make cookies to eat in our room on Christmas Eve with Grandma and Grandpa (and of course to lay out for Santa). I do need to find a basket to put the in-laws stuff in and I will need to pick up a GW ornament and some pastrys from the coffee shop for them when we get to the lodge but other than that we are done. How's everyone else doing.

Well, I *thought* we were done. But DSS announced that he isn't staying at his mom's AT ALL for this Christmas break. We usually do 1/2 his Christmas here and she does the other half at her house. Not this year, she isn't doing anything for him. And I'm not having a 14 year old have a pitiful Christmas just because his mom is too lazy to do anything for him (especially when she IS doing for his 1/2 brother...grr.) So, we will pick up a few more things for him. And, he is almost 15 so....yeah... hard to shop for! I know he would love a new pair of boots, and we had kicked around a few gift cards for places like the movies, Taco Bell, etc... so we'll get those. Other than that :confused3 He doesn't want toys anymore, he doesn't have wifi at his mom's house so a laptop or iTouch wouldn't get much use (he uses DS's iTouch here to get on Facebook), also he hates to "pay" for music so after he used up the initial iTunes $ we gave him no telling what trouble he'd get into (he crashed 2 of his moms computers on limewire.) If the kid was just driving :laughing: better not wish for that one any sooner than we have to!

I *do* have DH and the kids done, my parents are done except for their GC's - a hair salon one for my mom (getting it when I take kids to get haircuts this week) and a PILOT one for my stepdad (DH is picking up on his way home Tuesday.)

And....I have to get the IL's a new candle. My DH's stepdad loves vanilla candles. I got them a plush blanket and a really nice vanilla Yankee candle. Went to their house to do Christmas today....got out of the car and grabbed the gift bag...the bottom fell out and Yankee Candle shards went EVERYWHERE!!! Just the kind of day I have been having :rotfl:

Well, I *thought* we were done. But DSS announced that he isn't staying at his mom's AT ALL for this Christmas break. We usually do 1/2 his Christmas here and she does the other half at her house. Not this year, she isn't doing anything for him. And I'm not having a 14 year old have a pitiful Christmas just because his mom is too lazy to do anything for him (especially when she IS doing for his 1/2 brother...grr.) So, we will pick up a few more things for him. And, he is almost 15 so....yeah... hard to shop for! I know he would love a new pair of boots, and we had kicked around a few gift cards for places like the movies, Taco Bell, etc... so we'll get those. Other than that :confused3 He doesn't want toys anymore, he doesn't have wifi at his mom's house so a laptop or iTouch wouldn't get much use (he uses DS's iTouch here to get on Facebook), also he hates to "pay" for music so after he used up the initial iTunes $ we gave him no telling what trouble he'd get into (he crashed 2 of his moms computers on limewire.) If the kid was just driving :laughing: better not wish for that one any sooner than we have to!

I *do* have DH and the kids done, my parents are done except for their GC's - a hair salon one for my mom (getting it when I take kids to get haircuts this week) and a PILOT one for my stepdad (DH is picking up on his way home Tuesday.)

And....I have to get the IL's a new candle. My DH's stepdad loves vanilla candles. I got them a plush blanket and a really nice vanilla Yankee candle. Went to their house to do Christmas today....got out of the car and grabbed the gift bag...the bottom fell out and Yankee Candle shards went EVERYWHERE!!! Just the kind of day I have been having :rotfl:

Oh wow....that stinks....:headache:

Our family suggests:
Clothing (Pac-Sun, Old Navy, Abercrombie)
DS or DSi
You can still do a laptop and get a game like Sims 3 for it. I personally love it, and doesn't need internet to play. He also could use the internet when he visits there

That's what the three of us adults thought of...(DBF, his ex, and I)

Best of luck! :hug:

Here is our dilemma...the kids have a neighbor who is absolutely the sweetest girl ever....I was talking to her yesterday about Christmas, and she just shrugged it off and said they couldn't afford one this year :sad1:. So after talking to DBF, we decided we were going to pick up her and here older sisters something. Thing is, next time we get cash, it'll be Christmas Eve...

Any suggests for girls ages ~9, 12, and 17? I was thinking for the older two some makeup sets etc. The 9 year old I was going to get her a stuffed animal but I don't know what else to do :confused3

These girls are really sweet, I want to get them something....but we are limited budget as well. Suggestions? Anyone? Lol.

Oh wow....that stinks....:headache:

Our family suggests:
Clothing (Pac-Sun, Old Navy, Abercrombie)
DS or DSi
You can still do a laptop and get a game like Sims 3 for it. I personally love it, and doesn't need internet to play. He also could use the internet when he visits there

That's what the three of us adults thought of...(DBF, his ex, and I)

Best of luck! :hug:

Here is our dilemma...the kids have a neighbor who is absolutely the sweetest girl ever....I was talking to her yesterday about Christmas, and she just shrugged it off and said they couldn't afford one this year :sad1:. So after talking to DBF, we decided we were going to pick up her and here older sisters something. Thing is, next time we get cash, it'll be Christmas Eve...

Any suggests for girls ages ~9, 12, and 17? I was thinking for the older two some makeup sets etc. The 9 year old I was going to get her a stuffed animal but I don't know what else to do :confused3

These girls are really sweet, I want to get them something....but we are limited budget as well. Suggestions? Anyone? Lol.

Thanks :) We have him some Gap, Aeropostale, and Under Armour clothing. We will get him some new boots and the gift cards. Possibly Call of Duty Black Ops (one for him, one for DS) I think they can play together on LIVE even when DSS is at his mom's. He is also getting a new cell phone as his "big" gift. I told DH maybe just some cold weather gear and a new sled as well (our kids have one each, DS got a 2 person so he and SS could share but I bet at nearly 6'3 he might like his own ;)) We don't get but one or two decent snows a year if we are lucky but the cold weather stuff he could wear hunting or riding the four wheeler at his moms so that would be double duty.

As for the girls - our Cracker Barrell was running a B1G1 half off sale on webkinz if you think they have computer access. Or Justice has them and the Webkinz Hamsters (can't think of the name) and they are doing 40% off. Actually, shopping the 40% off sale at Justice could work for both the 9 and 12 year olds. They have some cool stuff in the back (purses and such.) Bath and Bodyworks is a popular option for all 3, some of those scents like Sweet Pea or Warm Vanilla Sugar I have bought for my DD8. If you have a Build A Bear their stuffed animals are really good quality and they have some inexpensive ones. Last time we were there they had the baby outfits clearanced pretty cheap, too, which would be a cute option to go with it. Makeup kits are a great idea :thumbsup2

I always hate to hear of a kid not having Christmas. My mom and I are doing Christmas for a family of 3 kids. We did one for them year before last and last year we thought their mom had things back under control but found out later the kids got nothing (she told us "Well, they don't believe in Santa" but the one my DDs age was visibly upset upon the return to school.) This year we got the girl a Monster High doll and Journal, Squinkies Set, some shirts, pj's and a robe. Her 2 older brothers are getting gift cards, we didn't want to leave them out but they aren't really "into" anything and we don't see them often enough to know what to buy them. I have some shower sets and I think I will also pick them up each a hoodie or something so they can open a package or two.

Thanks for your help, his mom wasn't big on doing much for him anyway but I can't imagine telling one of my kids "I'm getting your brother something but not you." :confused: I'd love to give her a piece of my mind but I doubt it would do her much good (and I don't have much to lose anyway :rotfl:)

I think the make-up sets are great for the two older ones. Target sells elf products, which are super cheap and have nice looking packing:
http://www.eyeslipsface.com/makeup/gifts/5-gift-sets
I'd suggest a lip set/kit for the 12 year old if you don't know that her parents approve of make up.
Can't be too much help on the 9 year old-- maybe a Zhu Zhu pet?

Well, I think the older two would be easier, like you said, the makeup/lipgloss stuff is always nice for girls that age to get. I have a 9 yr old.... As for little things I can think of that were on her list...zhu zhu pets, zhu zhu ball, zoobles, squinkies, games (always fun and fairly cheap) she had cuponk, barbies and littlest pet shop stuff. My 9 and 6 yr old also like lip gloss, so that may not be a bad idea for the 9 yr old either.

Ok, so we get together with my aunts, uncles, cousin and grandmother from my father's side of the family every year, the sunday before Christmas. That was yesterday. They got a ton of stuff as usual. We haven't taken more than half of it out of boxes yet...little at a time. But i figured i'd post on what we got and what they've already played with for those who are getting it for Christmas or for those still looking for ideas: My girls are 6,9 and 11.

They got a bunch of new littlest pet shop pets with that little girl Blythe. She's too cute!
Rapunzel doll with color changing hair (AWESOME!)
Rapunzel with growing braid (AWESOME)
The Rapunzel Horse (AWESOME)
My 11 yr old said "I wish I would have asked for Rapunzel stuff"
Cuponk (haven't played yet)
HEDBANZ ( Played last night, this game is SOOOO fun)
Lipgloss/nailpolish sets
Fur real newborns (very cute)
Games: Hedbanz, cuponk, mumbo jumbo, hangman, guess what i am.
Barbie Glitter (they're begging me to open that right now)
Barbie in a mermaid tale dolls
Barbie:Puppy swim school
FIN FIN friends. (already got them out, very cute, but my dh said they will annoy him. They make these high pitched noises, i think they're cute, the kids love them. But not too much to play with, more like something that's gonna sit there and just be cute?:rotfl:)
11 yr old got an ipod docking station with an itunes gift card
Big top cupcake
puzzles
Monster high: Icoffin (TOTALLY AWESOME, They've been playing with them since yesterday. A bunch of different games. Definitely worth it)
Monster High stuffed dolls
Moon Dough (haven't taken out yet)
Aqua sand (Haven't taken out yet)
LOOPZ
Orbeez (haven't taken out yet)
Glow Dome (VERY COOL)
The 3rd Kingdom Keepers book (11 yr old started it last night) 1 and 2 were amazing, I even enjoy them. This is a great gift for kids around that age and older if you still need ideas.

Sooo, we'll be busy over the next few days. I'm trying to get everything out of boxes and organized before Christmas Eve. I'm doing good.

Still got a little more shopping to do. Stockings, a few more little things for dh, I have my Mom, and brother to do still and just 2 more gifts for the kids, 1 for dd6 and 1 more for dd11. After last night with all the gifts, i can't wait for them to open mine next. Oh, and an itunes giftcard for my niece. I think i'll get some done tonight. IT'S ALMOST CHRISTMAS:santa::santa:

So now, I'm just burning the darn DVDs of videos I took this year that have been being a pain in the butt the past week :rolleyes1. I spent 15-20 hours editing this, then I had to edit it more, then it still wouldn't burn! :headache: turns out it was because of a 0.5 second transition placement! :confused: :crazy2: :sad: :furious: :faint:. That stupid little thing was causing me to drive myself crazy! :rotfl2:

I'm ready for the 2011 thread:goodvibes. I've started my list since DD8 starts throwing out ideas the second her birthday (July 1) is over :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter