Christmas Lights on the balcony

Are you allowed to use tape on the inside of the port holes, or would that peel off the paint? Wondering what would be safe to use. I'm assuming you can put tape on the glass, or would the stateroom host remove that?

My best guess - tape OK on the window itself, not on the frame. Yes, it could pull the paint off.

:cutie:

There are many reasons that seasonal lights of any kind are not allowed on the exterior of the ship. In addition to those mentioned, there is increased fire risk and blinking colored lights anywhere other than the bow or stern of a ship can create a navigational safety issue.

blinking colored lights anywhere other than the bow or stern of a ship can create a navigational safety issue.

:rotfl: that made me laugh..... no possible way Christmas light could be bright enough unless you're a Griswald! :lmao:

We cruised Carnival the Christmas before last and were called over the ship wide announcement to come to the guest service desk. We were met by security who did not like the battery operated lights I had hung on our mail thingy. Fire hazard. Eeeek! :eek: They said nothing about the battery lights I had on my itty bitty tree inside our cabin. We laughed about it later but felt kind of silly about the whole thing. The easiest decorations we had were the metallic garland. I was able to stuff tons of the stuff in a zip lock baggie. A lot of bang for your buck. Happy Decorating!

I can see the reasoning for lights, and things hanging... But I never saw that you weren't supposed to put anything... We kept our stroller out there when not in use, folded up, along the side wall.

Us too! And I asked permission at guest svcs, and they told me it was fine, but because we were starboard side, to bring it in for fireworks.

:rotfl: that made me laugh..... no possible way Christmas light could be bright enough unless you're a Griswald! :lmao:

It is pretty silly, but the rule is out there and there are many ports that will fine a ship for a rule violation, no matter how trivial. We once had some stuff on our balcony and were told to just make sure it was in before the pilot boat came out to meet the ship.

Your comment made me laugh - we have several neighbors who go Griswald style and I could only imagine what they could do with a ship balcony. :rotfl:

Like the ship isn't already decorated enough???

Enjoy all the ones that Disney has all over... bring some non flammable decorations to put on your door or around the room..

But be nice when hanging anything... the Stateroom host has to clean it up...

We have never sailed on a Christmas cruise, but have decorated our stateroom many times with decorations (no lights though). We have hung palm trees, tropical birds (with string) and placards and posters. We always use the removable putty (like they use in classrooms) and it has never left a mark. Our stateroom hosts always comment how colorful our cabin looks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter