• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas Decorations at POR vs. POFQ.

DisneyGirlie

DIS Veteran
I know the differences between these resorts (i.e. which one is smaller, which one gets picked up first by the buses) and I don't have any preference based on those differences. We're going in December this year so I want to choose between POR and POFQ based on who has the most awesome holiday decorations. I've seen some pictures of POFQ around Christmas and their decorations look great. However, I was just wondering how POR decorates itself for the holidays. In your opinion, based on decorations, which resort would be more spirited? If anyone has any pictures of POR in December that would be great.
:thanks:

I Googled images for this:

163327519_95380fb6dd.jpg

2146976302_126f5776af.jpg

I have never been to both places -- how I wish I go there someday. I think you just have to choose based on the informations available on the net and experiences of others. But why not both -- I mean one after the other? :goodvibes

I was at French Quarter at Christmas time last year- while they had some stuff (a tree in the entranceway, etc.) it wasn't very much. But the hotel was still great!

We'll be doing POFQ this year the first week of December. It's been years since I was at that resort during the holidays. When I was younger, we stayed there for Christmas one year and on Christmas Day we each had a stocking hanging on our door full of candy. It was just hard candies but still cool to get.

Thanks for your replies everyone. We went ahead and booked Port Orleans Riverside so I hope I'm not missing out on anything at POFQ, and even if I am, we'll just take a stroll over and look at their decorations.
:goodvibes

We went ahead and booked Port Orleans Riverside so I hope I'm not missing out on anything at POFQ, and even if I am, we'll just take a stroll over and look at their decorations.

Sounds like a plan to me! Don't forget to post your Port Orleans at Xmas piccies when you get back (and at www.portorleans.org if you get a chance?). Thanks!

Andre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter