Christmas Crowds

gemini2727

DIS Veteran
Our family has become very limited in our choice of when we can visit WDW, since my oldest has started college. None of their breaks match up and they're too old to be pulled out of school, like the old days. Our choices are the middle of summer (we don't mind the heat, so that's ok) or over the Christmas break (starting Dec 26th.) I'm just afraid of the crowds then, can someone tell me from experience how bad it really is? We're pretty good with rope drops and don't have a lot of "must-dos." Thanks!

I've been in July several times. If you can take the heat, the crowds are waaaaay better than Christmas week.

That's what I was afraid of...though we'd love to see all the Christmas decorations and everything, I guess it's not really worth it. Oppressive heat is better than oppressive crowds, Imo. Thank you!

Love Christmas New Years week. :santa:We're going for the 3rd consecutive time.:yay:
Our daughter is a teacher so it's either Christmas or the summer.. No Thanks to the summer so Christmas week it is.

It's crazy crowded but everyone seems in a festive mood. I swear i was stepped on.run over by strollers pushed more on a slow week than i was during Christmas Plus the weather is so nice. We were able to enjoy the pools had 80 degree weather last year. But thats not always the case we just pack for a couple of seasons LOL
You just have to plan accordingly. Get your FP+and enjoy all the decorations.

We are going for Christmas this year - I will take the crowds over the heat any day! We had read it would be hot but were not prepared for the heat in July! Wow!

Our choices are the middle of summer (we don't mind the heat, so that's ok

Well there's your answer--summer it is! :) At least during summer you can choose a time that will be more favorable than the Christmas-New Year's week. In fact you may find that August touring is becoming a more moderate time to tour the parks. :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter