• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas Crackers

Toad

Mouseketeer
I want to bring a box of Christmas Crackers on my trip in two weeks. Since these have an ignitor (and somebody told me gun powder?!), in them, do you think I can carry them on the plane (Air Canada)?

I have sent an e-mail to Air Canada with the same question but have not had a response yet.

We have driven down in the past and always bring a box to our American cousins.

Any thoughts?

really, really early. I think you may get held up going thru customs while they check and double check everything!

Good Luck!

Scratch
pirate:

I couldn't find any specific reference to Christmas Crackers, but if they do contain gun powder or similar "explosive or flammable" material they would be prohibited from both carry-on and checked baggage.

Toad - I wonder whether it might be easier to mail them in advance? By the way, I was at Loblaws this morning, and they were putting out some really attractive ones on the shelves. I always forget that they're not readily available in the U.S., since we can get them everywhere here.

Cheers,

Hi CindyAnn - I did take them to the post office and the cost to mail two boxes is over $60!! They weigh practically nothing so I was a bit surprised. I might look into Purolator or UPS too as an alternative.

Most of the boxes in which crackers are packaged are air, and weight is only one factor in the cost of mailing something - volume is the other. If you were to remove the crackers from the package and pack them in a smaller box, I expect you'd be able to send them for a lot less than $60.

- Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter