Christmas 2023-no reservations?!

Disneyloverliz

Mouseketeer
I'm so bummed! Yesterday was my 499 (or 500, whichever is correct) day mark to make reservations for Christmas. I got a travel agent to help because I didn't have time to sit on the phone or computer trying to get reservations...and she wasn't able to get any! first the site told her currently unavailable and they are restocking. Then she called and was told they haven't released inventory for the dates yet. I already have a camper reserved. What do you think the possibility is that I won't get my dates???

That would be for Christmas 2024. Those dates may have not been released yet. 2023 would be possible if you can piece together cancellations, but that is tough and takes a lot of work. Usually happens at the last minute.

@Disneyloverliz,

500 days from yesterday put your furthest arrival date out to December 23, 2023. Assuming they loaded the inventory, it's entirely possible that it is already fully booked. People who are arriving on Dec 22 or Dec 21 or sooner and staying till Christmas (or some even later through New Years) will have filled up the available spots.

As a reminder to others, you can book your ARRIVAL DAY 500 days (or 499 nights but it's the same) in advance up to a length of a 30 day reservation. Disney has recently installed some restrictions around holiday times in Oct/Nov/Dec (that we know of) to making changes to reservations because the method of "book-my-arrival-date-early-like-December-5-till-January-5-then-later-trim-off-days-to-keep-December-23-to-January-1" was being used to excess (among other things).

Even with that, though, the Christmas holiday time at the Fort is the busiest time of the year so I'm not surprised that it booked up by now. Halloween time was the same way. Just keep trying to piece together dates as people cancel at the same level you find through constant checking while keeping an eye on the cancellation window for your rental trailer.

Not a good answer but it sounds like that's where you are.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Was that for all of December (2023) or just the back half...?
Was hoping to get in the first week of Dec or maybe the week after Thanksgiving..

Was that for all of December (2023) or just the back half...?
Was hoping to get in the first week of Dec or maybe the week after Thanksgiving..
It is worth looking and taking what you can get for now. I was able to get Dec. 18-21st, 2023 Was hoping for the 16th and 17th too but I will keep checking. Hopefully work doesn't mess this up. It would be our first December at the fort but I won't know if our schedule will work out until April in which case I would have to cancel those days knowing there wont be any other availability. We are trying the first week of Jan. 2023 this year since it was easier to get.

@Disneyloverliz,

500 days from yesterday put your furthest arrival date out to December 23, 2023. Assuming they loaded the inventory, it's entirely possible that it is already fully booked. People who are arriving on Dec 22 or Dec 21 or sooner and staying till Christmas (or some even later through New Years) will have filled up the available spots.

As a reminder to others, you can book your ARRIVAL DAY 500 days (or 499 nights but it's the same) in advance up to a length of a 30 day reservation. Disney has recently installed some restrictions around holiday times in Oct/Nov/Dec (that we know of) to making changes to reservations because the method of "book-my-arrival-date-early-like-December-5-till-January-5-then-later-trim-off-days-to-keep-December-23-to-January-1" was being used to excess (among other things).

Even with that, though, the Christmas holiday time at the Fort is the busiest time of the year so I'm not surprised that it booked up by now. Halloween time was the same way. Just keep trying to piece together dates as people cancel at the same level you find through constant checking while keeping an eye on the cancellation window for your rental trailer.

Not a good answer but it sounds like that's where you are.

Bama Ed
well shoot! :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter