Choosing home resort...

well I guess the reason I am looking more at direct is the added bonuses of discounted annual passes, member only discounts, and the like. Plus resale seems a lot more daunting - it sounds like you need patience to find what you want and I'm looking at using it maybe in December but at least in January/February.

We have made a downpayment but haven't signed, so as I understand we still have time to say no. Its hard for me to pick a resort because I'd like to stay at all of them! At the moment Animal Kingdom seems like it would be fun, because my girls both really loved it there and the points seem low to stay for two weeks. The only resort I've stayed at as an adult was Port Orleans which I did really enjoy. I think overtime Boardwalk or Beach club might be best, because my parents enjoy Epcot (so do I) so walking there would be nice. But just from my initial readings Boardwalk at least is rarer resale.

Part of it is cruise pixie dust, so I plan to spend some time with my dad today looking through all the different resale things to get an idea of that would be better for us. How do you get resale through Disney? Do you push your contact person to show you want they have right now? I don't really want to wait months and months for the right contract, negotiate everything, etc.

And I hadn't really considered spliting points between Aulani and Copper Creek, that may be a good option. So, do I understand that if we got say a combined 300 points (150 an Aulani, 150 at CC), we could only use 150 at 11 months out at Aulani, but all 300 if we were doing 7 months out somewhere else? Or does it stay more separate then that?

Also, any particular websites you'd recommend for learning more about resale? I've been sorting through google and looking for good info...
IMO there are no situations where buying simply direct makes sense for the perks. I do believe that for many buying resale then doing an add on of 25 pts is a good choice. Some fall in between where it doesn't make sense to do both like only needing 75-100 pts so for them just foregoing the perks for now is usually best. I'd cancel or not proceed for now. If you decide retail is what you want to do, you can always buy later but you can't undo a $10K mistake after the fact.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter