Chip n Dale Campfire

Button

A princess waiting for Cinders to ship on out of t
Hi all,

Has anyone been to the Chip n Dale Campfire at Fort Wilderness. I read that it's nightly and they play a Disney film and you can toast marshmallows etc.

We won't be staying on property but was wondering if you can still go. Web seems to suggest this is free event which shocked me for Disney especially as my 2 fave chipmunks are there. Does anyone else think they are the hardest working characters? Cha Cha Cha Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers......

From AllEars.Net....
Go to Fort Wilderness for the campfire/sing-along, nightly at 7pm behind the Meadow Trading Post. Movie begins approximately 7:40pm. A Disney classic movie follows the sing-along. Chip and Dale usually make an appearance. The Fort Wilderness staff will provide a campfire; bring your marshmallows, hot dogs and sticks if you have them. If not, marshmallows and sticks are available for purchase at $2 for 2 sticks and plenty of marshmallows; $5 for a s'more kit. The movie shown is different each night of the week. In the event of inclement weather, a "Porch Jam" sing-a-long will take place at the Ol' Meadow Swimmin' Hole. Movie & Sing-a-Long free of charge. Note: All movies & characters are outside! Campfire Show is held nightly if weather permits.

Note: the campfire/sing-along is located in the middle of the Fort Wilderness campground (about a 15-minute walk from Pioneer Hall ). If you do not wish to walk, you will have to catch a bus that is on the internal Fort Wilderness route (you can catch this bus at the Pioneer all bus stops). Get off at the Meadowlands Trading Post stop. If the campground is crowded, the campfire/sing-along may also be crowded.

The campfire program has no admission fee and is open to all WDW resort guests. It generally begins around 7 p.m. during the fall/winter season and 8 p.m. after the time changes in April through the summer. It is held near the Meadow Trading Post in the campfire area. The program begins with a sing-along led by a Disney CM and a marshmallow roast around two campfire rings. You may bring your own marshmallows or buy them at the Chuckwagon (roasting sticks and marshmallows are $2). You may also buy pizza, hot dogs, candy, nachos, juice, popcorn, sodas, coffee, beer and other refreshments at the Chuckwagon. While this is going on, Chip and Dale make an appearance to visit with guests and sign autographs. The sing-along lasts about 40 minutes. Next, one or two Disney animated features, depending upon the season, are shown on a large outdoor screen. Seating is available in bleachers or on benches. There is also plenty of room to lay out a quilt or blanket. The movie schedule is posted at all comfort stations. In the event of rain, the sing-along is still held on the porch of the Meadow Trading Post.

From buildabettermousetrip.com
There is a free Campfire Sing-Along with Chip & Dale at the WDW Fort Wilderness Campground. It generally begins around 7 p.m. during the fall/winter season and 8 p.m. after the time changes in April through the summer. It is held near the Meadow Trading Post in the campfire area. The program begins with a sing-along led by a Disney cast member - if you've seen "Barney", you know these songs - and a marshmallow roast around two campfire rings. You may bring your own marshmallows or buy them at the Chuckwagon Snack Bar (roasting sticks and marshmallows are $2, s'mores kit is around $5). You may also buy pizza, hot dogs, candy, nachos, juice, popcorn, sodas, coffee, beer and other refreshments at the Chuckwagon. While this is going on, Chip and Dale make an appearance to visit with guests and sign autographs. The sing-along lasts about 40 minutes.

Next, a Disney movie is shown on a large outdoor screen. Seating is available in bleachers or on benches. There is also plenty of room to lay out a quilt or blanket. The movie schedule is posted at all comfort stations. In the event of rain, the sing-along is still held on the porch of the Meadow Trading Post.

The campground also has a free petting zoo and pony rides (about $3 each) that close earlier in the afternoon. These are in the "Settlement Trading Post" area - take the Ft. Wilderness internal bus. The "Trail's End Buffeteria" is considered one of WDW's best buffet values. The Trail's End also has a carry-out window called “Trails-To-Go” 16-inch pizzas and fried chicken meals – both individually sized and family sized. If you have a free day (or your arrival day), you can go early and see the petting zoo, have a nice dinner, and then head over to the Sing-Along.

Thanks for all the info. Still not sure if I can get away with it as not on property. Reckon I'll give it a go...they'll make money out of me *** I'm bound to forget to take my own marshmallows.

I took my two nieces to it this past November. You have to go to Ft Wilderness and take the internal shuttle to the campfire site. No one askes if you are a resort guest (which we were - stayed at CB). The movie screen is set up front with the campfire circle off to the right. On the left hand side is an old fashioned "traveling salesmans wagon." That is where chip and Dale do the sing-a-long from. There are wooden benches and towards the back are metal bleacher seats. At the very back is a trading post/concession stand that looks like a chuck wagon. They sell a bag that includes marshmellos, chocolate bars, graham crackers and sticks - I think for $ 8.00 or $ 10.00. They also sell popcorn popcorn:: , hot dogs etc.
There is a restroom close by as well.

The night we went they were showing a double feature. :3dglasses
We only stayed for about 30 mins of the movie cause one of the girls fell asleep :)

Between the movie and the sing-a-long, Chip and Dale go down ea aisle and visit with the kids and take pics.

Both of the girls loved it and are still talking about it.

Here are a few pics to give you a better idea of the stage and the campfire circle:

IMG_1978_filtered-1.jpg

IMG_1986.jpg

Hope this helps!
Cathy

I called Fort Wilderness directly about this and I was told that off property guests are more than welcome at the campfire.

We are planning on going this December! I'm so excited! I love Chip and Dale!

Kimba

This is something I've always wanted to do -- but have never been able to work it into the schedule!!! Oh well, maybe someday...

Make a s'more for me if you go! :goodvibes

This is something I've always wanted to do -- but have never been able to work it into the schedule!!! Oh well, maybe someday...

Make a s'more for me if you go! :goodvibes

Who wants to hear my great idea for s'mores? I think a company should make squares of chocolate and caramel just like the cheese slices that are individually wrapped, and have them be the same size as the graham cracker. The chocolate could even be kind of the same consistancy..almost fudgey (available in milk and dark, of course) -- now wouldn't that make a great s'more once you slap that roasted marshmallow on there? Yes, I did just return from camping so this is sooo fresh in my mind. Now who can make this happen for me?

If you're there w/c 12th October watch out Chip n Dale are gonna have to deal with the biggest kid of all. Oh and apologies in advance as my singing is just awful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter