• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chip and Dale question--which is which??

goofyfordisney

DIS Veteran
Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong board--I don't mean to offend Chip & Dale fans with such a dumb question!
How do you tell the difference between Chip and Dale? My 8 year-old asked me this question and I wasn't sure! Thanks!

Just think of it this way....Chip has a brown or chocolate chip nose, and Dale's is red. :)

1. Chip's nose is black, Dale's is red.

2. Chip's nose is small, shaped sort of like a dog's nose, Dale's is large and rather bulbous.

3. Chip's two front teeth are together, Dale's are spread apart.

Chip_Dale.jpg

toefungus & gcurling, this is sad...very sad...LOL! And gcurling, you're not only an expert on Akershus wait staff, but Chipmunks as well...

So, why DOES Donald Duck cover up with a towel when he gets out of the shower and yet he doesn't wear pants???
:cool: :cool: :bounce: :cool: :cool:

My mom use to get the two mixed up all the time. Just remember that Chip has a Chocolate CHIP nose and Dale has a goofy big red nose.

Dale has a RED nose!?! That must be why he gets so upset when I tell Tasha Dale has a BROWN nose:crazy:

...along with the bulbous red nose, I notice in the picture that Dale's eyelids appear kinda half-closed.

Has Dale been hittin' the bottle, ya think?

Jeff

It was something that I didn't get for a long time. Then, after someone told me how to figure out who was who, I found out that it was more fun to act like you didn't know. Then Chip and/or Dale get to act all flabbergasted, like "How could you possibly not be able to tell us apart?" in pure pantomime. It's cute.

I might give that a try...
"Now which one of you is Rocky, and which one of you is Bullwinkle?"

We always remembered Chocolate CHIP nose too. It seems easier for the little kids to remember that!

I don't know if any of you remember this, but back in the late '80's, they had this animated series called "Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers" (a show that I was very addicted to at the time). The two chipmunks wore different outfits. I believe Chip had a bomber jacket and Dale had some sort of Hawaiian Shirt. I know for sure that WDW sells plush that look like this.

Just a little more useless info to add in this discussion!:bounce:

CH-CH-CH-Chip and Dale! Rescue Rangers!

That was the best show. Ahhh, the good old days...

Chip was the more sensible one and Dale was the goofier, fun-loving one.

chip01.gif

This is Chip.

dale01.gif

And this is Dale.

That was my FAVORITE cartoon! I loved it so much. I can't belive they took it off the air! It was a great cartoon.

It was okay. My vote for favorite Disney cartoon series still goes to Darkwing Duck.

Ok, as long as everyone is being so nice, I'll ask another silly Chip N Dale question.

Are they boys or girls? Or one of each? If so, which is the girl and which is the boy?

I must say that when I posted my question, I was alittle afraid I would get very little response OR get blasted for the lack of my Chip and Dale knowledge! I am very pleased that neither happened--thanks for all of your responses--I've enjoyed reading all of them.

Keep a look-out for more questions similiar to this--I have a very curious kid who asks me alot of questions about Disney characters! I'm a big fan of everything Disney--but I do get stumped every once in awhile!:D

Chip is the one with the black nose, and Dale is the one that looks like David Letterman.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter