Chilly 4.0 The Quadrilogy - Day 4

Chilly

RIP Tag Fairy
Tuesday 28th September 2010

As I knew we'd be out late last night today i'd booked a late breakfast ADR at Ohana. We had this planned on our wedding trip but didn't make it due to the fact that I was sick. This time Mike was sick well hungover, so we gave it a miss again. I let DH go back to sleep and wrote up last nights antics for my TR, after a bit I get hungry so pop over to the food court for something to eat, I get a croissant for myself and a muffin for DH in case he is hungry.

Around noon we set off for the Boardwalk area, first stop Mini Golf at Fantasia. I start off really well with some great long putts but towards the end it all goes wrong and DH wins, we are both under par which is good.

SAM_0072.jpg

SAM_0073.jpg

We go over to the Beach Club to try out Beaches & Cream, it takes us ages to find it, it really is hidden away. Its pretty empty but there is loads of staff, probably about 2 staff to every customer. I get the pink lemonade just because its pink but I don't like it, I opt for the burger which it claims they are famous for, it was pretty poor though, DH gets the chicken noodle soup which is perfect for his delicate stomach. We share the fudge mud slide and DH is gobsmacked by how big it is. A lot gets left as DH doesn't have much.

SAM_0077.jpg

SAM_0078.jpg

SAM_0079.jpg

BEFORE
SAM_0080.jpg

AFTER
SAM_0081.jpg

We have a look around the Beach Club shop then head back to the hotel for a swim. By the time we sort ourselves out it is quite a bit cooler and there are some black clouds in the distance. The pool is not very warm but we swim a bit and I have a couple of goes down the slide. We aren't there for that long when they close the pool. We head back to the room and we are only there minutes when it starts to chuck down with rain. We check out the weather report and its not looking good for MNSSHP tonight. We go over to the food court to get something to eat, I try chicken alfredo with salad, DH gets the jambalaya. The weather is still awful so we go to guest services to see if we can switch days which we can. I get a text from Meryll to say she has switched their tickets as well, sadly Lori isn't able to switch hers. It actually ends up stopping raining about 8pm so we could have gone.

We decide to go to DTD and see a film but nothing that's on interests us so what else is there to do but hit the shops. In WoD I get the things my Dad asked for, prizes for the quiz i'm hosting this month, and I get some charms for my new Pandora plus a few other things. I look longingly at the D&B bags but DH says I have to wait and see how much money we have left at the end of the trip. Next stop is the pin store where I get some more pins.

SAM_0088.jpg

Back to the hotel for an early night.

shame you didn't make O'hana's it's my fav. I would lve t try a sundae at beaches n cream

Shock and shock again about Beaches & Cream. The times I've been there I've never seen it empty. What time was it? And the hamburger--poor?!! I've always gotten a superior burger at B&C and even accounting for differences in our taste, I am sadly surprised that they produced a poor burger. It must have been a truly off day. With hundreds of places to eat at WDW I rarely give a place that performs so poorly as that a second chance, but I hate it that you missed experiencing something so many of us have enjoyed. Oh, well, it doesn't seem to have spoiled your day, so good for you.

Shock and shock again about Beaches & Cream. The times I've been there I've never seen it empty. What time was it? And the hamburger--poor?!! I've always gotten a superior burger at B&C and even accounting for differences in our taste, I am sadly surprised that they produced a poor burger. It must have been a truly off day. With hundreds of places to eat at WDW I rarely give a place that performs so poorly as that a second chance, but I hate it that you missed experiencing something so many of us have enjoyed. Oh, well, it doesn't seem to have spoiled your day, so good for you.

not sure of the time, probably arrived between 1:30pm and 2pm.

Shame you didn't enjoy Beaches all that much, we've always enjoyed our meals there - although admittedly, the last couple of times we've just had the ice cream!

It's funny how we did the exact same thing this night but didn't run into each other - cancelled MNSSHP, went to DTD, found there wasn't a film on we fancied, shopped... :rotfl:

It's funny how we did the exact same thing this night but didn't run into each other - cancelled MNSSHP, went to DTD, found there wasn't a film on we fancied, shopped... :rotfl:

I saw you - I ran in the other direction ;)

Good of Disney to let you swap your night. Shame there was not a film you wanted to see, but shopping sounds just as good

susan

We did Fantasia for the first time this year.....great!
Pity about MNSSHP......but something to look forward to later
The sundae looks good at B&C. Did anyone have a kitchen sink while you were there?
WOD - I always seem to loose my bearing in there :rotfl:

Just caught up on your fab trip report Claire. Those cocktails looked and sounded delicious. Looking forward to the next day:thumbsup2

Tina

Another great day Claire, glad to see your DH seemed to recover during the day too! :thumbsup2 That ice cream is just HUGE! I always say I'm going to visit Beeches when I'm there and then never get around to it, maybe next trip - and hope I catch them on a good cooking day!

The sundae looks good at B&C. Did anyone have a kitchen sink while you were there?
WOD - I always seem to loose my bearing in there :rotfl:

No one had a kitchen sink sadly, I wanted to get one but it seemed a waste of money, maybe another year.

I'm not too bad in WoD, I got lost in Mousegear once though.

Shame about your burger, and wasn't that fudge mud slide enormous! There was a family sharing a kitchen sink when we ate there once and it looked enough to feed the 5000!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter