• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chill out areas for toddlers

pixiesprite

Singing a happy song
Hi all, I've been lurking happily as every question I come up with has already been answered by all you wonderful folk!

Hopefully someone can offer me some ideas here... we are spending 3 days in DLRP from April 17th-19th with our 2.5 year old DD. We're staying in Sequoia Lodge, in a Montana room.

Myself and DH are Disney park nuts so we are graciously handing this trip over to DD, she will be setting the pace and leading the way :)

Friday & Sat are grand, we can pop back to the hotel for naptimes and to take breaks.

Sunday is where I would love some help... we check out of SL at what, 11, I think. And then our Eurostar isn't until 19:37, so it has the potential to be a busy long day for DD.

She is a kiddo who needs her own space every so often to run around or just chill with a book or two away from other folk and noises (she's too like her parents really!). So I would really appreciate if any of you could suggest spaces and places where we could get away from the crowds and let her take a few moments to process everything and maybe even wind down enough to nap in the buggy for us (wishful thinking perhaps)! I am thinking of a stroll down to Cheyenne, we stayed there 10 years ago, and I remember it as being spacious with a good bit of running room for a little'un to let off steam.

Any more ideas for me to tuck up my sleeve?

Thank you kindly :)

This is one area the DLRP fails on massivly.

There really is no-where for toddlers to just play! There are plenty of play areas for those over 3 but none for those under 3.

My personal choice for tiring Kacee (2yrs old) out when we go are Alice Labrynth, the Caves and the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House.

To try and chill him out we generally take a wander through Fantasia Gardens outside the DLH (ideal for sitting, chilling and people watching) wandering aroung the lake and cheking out the shops in the Disney Village.

I hope that helps and enjoy DLRP with a toddler, it's so much more fun :goodvibes

Thanks for the welcome :)

cap'njack, I forgot about Fantasia Gardens. that would be a lovely spot alright, thank you for your help!

Thanks for the welcome :)

cap'njack, I forgot about Fantasia Gardens. that would be a lovely spot alright, thank you for your help!

No worries :thumbsup2

Even better with a little sunshine! Oh and I forgot, Kacee loved Animagique and Stitch Live! in the Studio's so make sure you try and see them along with Playhouse Disney Live! There is almost more for toddlers in the Studio's now than in the Disneyland Park

I also found that there were no play areas for my two little ones (aged 3 + nearly 2) but they were so tired out by all the excitment that i had NO problems with them napping in the pushchair!!
I also loved anamagique its a v. good show, both mine loved it and we all had a nice chill out, sit down time watching it. :)

There is lovely little play area in frontierland called Pocahontas Indian Village (I think!) It was near Woody's Roundup. My little girl had just turned 3 last October when we went and loved it.

There is lovely little play area in frontierland called Pocahontas Indian Village (I think!) It was near Woody's Roundup. My little girl had just turned 3 last October when we went and loved it.

We also love this area when it's not too busy. It's a lovely place to take a break and relax beside the water :goodvibes

DD was 2.5 when we went last june. We actually stayed at cheyenne and on our last day late morning DD had a pony ride, which she enjoyed.

You just paid in the gift shop - didn't need to be staying there.

I remember doing EMH in the park then walking through the village and down the canal to the cheyenne

Canal walk and hotel was virtually deserted.

Our initial plan had been to do panoramagic but it was shut due to wind- another option perhaphs esp as DD will be free.

Some excellent ideas there thanks guys :)

I am defo going to do PanoraMagique even if I have to leave DH & DD waiting below at the ticket booth for me :) It looks so Jules Verne-y, I am a sucker for that type of stuff! Hope the weather is on my side!

DD loved this area too :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter