Child's birthday onboard - In-cabin decorations - any changes? Any advice?

tee11

DIS Veteran
We will be celebrating my DD's birthday (7) on day #3 of our upcoming cruise - the whole cruise is a surprise, too - any advice is welcome!! It has been too long since we last celebrated a birthday on DCL, so I only remember certain things, like that balloons were not allowed to be brought onto the ship or be put into the stateroom...is this still correct? I'm a bit lost and our sail date is coming up quickly... so very thankful for any and all pointers (and a rules-refresher!) !

You cannot use tape or adhesive to put things on the walls or ceiling. You have to use magnets.

Balloons are not and will never be permitted because they would be harmful to marine animals when they got out. (Same reason balloons are not allowed at AK, AKL, or Kidani.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter