Children using adult passes?

Eponine

Earning My Ears
Has anyone had any experience with this? The reason I'm asking is that we'll be meeting a semi-local friend and his daughter during one of the days of our upcoming trip. We'll have APs, but we still have two Park Hoppers from the last trip, each with one day left on them. I thought it would be nice if our friend and his little girl could use them, so that we could spend more time with them and the passes wouldn't go to waste, but do you think there will be a problem with the little girl getting into a park on an adult pass?

TIA!

Will you get away with using them? Probably. It could get very embarrassing if the girl or dad is questioned as to where they got the passes. ( A child using an adult pass is probably sightly more likely to draw questions from the CM than the average person going through.) The passes aren't transferable, as stated on the back of each pass. In other words, the first person to use the pass has to be the only one to ever use it. You mentioned that it would be nice if they could use them so your passes wouldn't go to waste. Since hoppers never expire you can always save them for 1, 5 or 10 years or more until you take your next Disney trip. It is a very generous thing your trying to do for your friend. You'll have to decide what you're comfortable doing. Have a nice trip.:)

The child will likely be questioned as as the passes are not transferrable. Disney tries to keep partially used tickets from being sold, it is against the law in FL. A child using an adult pass would be a red flag to the CM. JMHO

TJ

If the passes are in your name I would walse up to the ticket booths and say you want to use the amount left on the adult pass as a child pass. They can look up that you have AP's and then everything would be on the up and up. The only glitch may be different last names but that is not very uncommon now adays.( if you had remarried for instance) We exchanged 1 day left on my pass for a pass for our son and I got a AP a few years ago. We just had to show ID! I think they just do not want the partially used passes resold.:D

Ok I'm confused. I understand that Disney does not want these to be transferable but I don't understand how they know who bought park hopper passes. I am looking at park hoppers I bought in 2001 that still have a day left on each pass. There is no identifying marks on these passes to indicate who bought them or who used them two years ago. It also says that you need id to get in the parks with these passes. Id of what?? How old you are? I didn't need ID when I used them in 2001.

We are going back in March this year and bringing my Mom with us and hoping to have her use the one day that is left on the each of the passes. We are buying more from the Naval base where my husband works but thought she could use the four days left on these (each pass is identical). I understand that a child might raise a red flag, though for the life of me can't figure out why Disney would be upset that you paid for an adult ticket when you could have paid for a Child ticket.

Seems really sad to me that this person can't let her friends use the pass. Maybe they could stay for two days and the Adult can use the two days left on the passes and just buy a child's pass for each day. I know if won't be a hopper but if you are only doing MK or MGM it might work out well.

Just a little confused!! Don't want to start any arguments!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter