Chicago Area Runners?

Mrs D

I realize most people don't hear editing.
I am in search of other runners in the Chicago area (I'm in Mt. Prospect/Arlington Heights) to do some training with. Any others from around here?

I'm training for the Wine & Dine Half-relay in October and doing a 5K each month up to Half-relay.

I did the Race to Wrigley in April and met a nice guy who's a big Disney fan during the last mile. My DH commented "Only you could talk Disney while running a race".

Anyway I thought it might be fun to meet up and training occasionally. At least the Disney talk keeps your mind occupied! :wizard:

It has been awhile since I've posted on this website.
Yes, I would love to meet up. I've been training for the Wine & Dine.
This will be my first marathon of any sorts and can't wait.
So far I have only been running on the treadmill but I'm ready to take it outside. I ran 10 miles on Sunday, please don't think I'm fit but I am determined.:thumbsup2

I am in Huntley/ Crystal Lake Area...not that clsoe to AH...I can never find anyone that wants to run with me...so I either do it on my own, or I do my workouts in my gym in the basement! I get sick of running on the treadmill, so I have to switch it up! How far do you run!? I am usually running about 6 miles...

Hi!
Since I like to see how many miles I run and keep track I don't mind the tredmill. I need to get one of those watches but not yet. I need to save my pretty pennies. I'm running at least 4 miles to 5 miles very other day with cross training in between those days. It does take me anywhere from 45 to 75 minutes depending on how I'm feeling that day. It feels great afterwards.
Have you been doing it long? I've been actually running since December'09, but prior to that working out on a regular bases since April '09.:thumbsup2

I love love love running! The most I can run on a treadmill is MAX 5...I get too bored...even with an ipod, tv and a fan going! LOL...I do better running outside! SO much fun and the time goes by really quick! I have been running since before I had my little guy, who is now 4.5 years old...I love it!
I used to run every day, but now I run a couple of time s a week, and I have done P90X, Chaleane extreme, and just finished INSANITY workout dvd bootcamps...Now I am doing the Brazil Butt Lift...it is awesome! It's a 5 day a week program, so I will run the other 2 days...
I have a new heartrate monitor and love it! I love seeing how many calories I am burning...I also have the NIKE app on my ipod touch and I put the thingy in my shoe and it tracks how far I am running outside...I calibrated it on my treadmill! It's awesome!!!!

Very intresting. I can't wait to take outside then but I know it's going to be an adjustment. I hope I like it and that it will be as fun as you enjoy it. The NIKE app sounds intresting but I wouldn't be able to use it since I run with Vibram five-fingers shoes or should I say feet gloves. When I started running with regular running shoes it hurted my heal so I decided to give this a try. It has worked for me and have no pain at all. I wouldn't have a place to add the thingy since the shoes are to train for barefoot running. Of course I wouldn't do barefoot running on at the gym or my regular streets but I might at Disney since their streets are soooooo clean. The watch is what I need but I guess I could have that as a prize after setting a goal.
Are you training for a marathon? Have you done one?

I haven't ever done a marathon, but I can run pretty long distances...I just usually have a time constraint...I also push my 4 year old in the jog stroller, so my forearms are killing me this year! LOL...I could go farther if I didn't have to push another 44 pounds and steer! Haha...I usaed to run in the a.m. when he would go to morning preschool, and I would run for close to 7 miles...usually about 40 miles per week, but now it's too much weight to push, since he has afternoon preschool...so I am kinda stuck for now.

The Nike thing is just a free app on the ipod touch...it tracks it all through the ipod...and the thing is about as thick as 4 quarters, and is a little smaller than a quarter...u could probably stick it in your special shoes...but def for disney...you just need the little thing for the shoe...they sell it at Dick's Sporting Goods or any place like that, its like $25...and an ipod touch....that's it! No watch (I only have a watch for the heart rate monitor)! Its really good...I am a numbers person (math teacher) and I love having all the data...heart rate/calories burned/ miles run/ etc....I am funny like that! LOL

Wow! what a workout, having to push, steer your child! That's the way to look at it- good exercise for the arms.:thumbsup2
I'll look into the apps. Thanks:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter