Cherries Jubilee?

trimix

DIS Veteran
Flipping through the Passporter last night, I saw that at the Captain's Gala one dessert option is Cherries Jubilee.

Is this *real* cherries jubilee, the flambé dessert, or some imitation?

Thanks in advance!

I had that very dessert at Lumiere's for the Captain's Gala about 10 days ago.

It was about 10 cherries in a fairly thin sauce with some vanilla bean ice cream on the side. Definitely did not turn up "on fire" flambe style. I thought it wasn't a really fantastic dessert - maybe just OK.

On our first cruise in '03 it definitely was a "flambe" dessert. It did not show up at the table still flaming but we were able to watch the head server (I think) prepare the dessert inside the dining room flames and all. On our last cruise in May we ordered the crepes suzette which is also flambe'd but they did not have the prep show in the dining room like our first cruise so they may have taken that out for safety reasons or maybe that is only for the Magic.

They flambe the cherries in the center of the dining room so it might be you didn't notice. They then dish them up once the alcohol is flambeed off so they wouldn't be on fire when you get them but I'm fairly sure they still do this. The head waiter would be the one flambeeing them (cant spell)

This is from dinner at Triton's on March 1, 2009 Wonder. I don't know if it is the same as on the Magic.

DSC06704F.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter