chefs de france or rose and crown???

2minny

DIS Veteran
We got Le Cellier adr's but had to cancel, due to schedule changes. Anyhow, now we are looking for a light lunch that is not too expensive at Epcot. What would you choose chefs De france or rose and crown? Never been to either. Another option is to just go to Sunshine Seasons...but it's a crowded time of year, adr's may be the best bet.

It has an all included menu section where you can have app, entree, drink, and dessert all included for one price. The DP is ok with this, too.

You may even be lucky enough to catch Remo if he's still performing there during lunch hours.

I think there is more variety at Chefs with the menu selections, as well. Their desserts are hard to beat.

I never tire of going to this restaurant with or without a DP.

I really enjoyed our meal at Chefs. The French Onion soup was killer. And dessert was a big hit with DS.

Another vote for Chef de France. My experience ar Rose & Crown was the food was very salty. Was told by a CM that was normal for there.

Well, if you have looked at the menus, which place appeals to your tastes more?

I love Sunshine (food court) because there IS such a variety of things that I like to eat!

If you are going at a busy time of year, there will be lines everywhere and you may still have to wait a while for TS!

We've never eaten at Chef de France but have eaten at Rose & Crown and said never again. The food was just bland and didn't appeal to us at all.

Chef's de France hands down, (JMHO), the French menu for lunch is quite good both wife & I eat here for our first meal each trip, The French onion soup is awesome, the creme brulee she loves, me not big on desserts, but it is good. enjoy

Back in May 2008, DH and I had lunch at Chefs, and we loved it! As the PP mentioned, the French Onion Soup is insanely good, as was the lobster bisque. Then we shared the Tarte a la flamme Alsacienne (Alsace specialty. Flat bread baked with cream fraiche, onion and bacon. - $8.25) which was so rich and yummy. A perfect sized lunch for us. I think we spent about $25 out of pocket including the tip. We went at noon (ADR) and got a table by the front window where we could see the street performers and people passing by. Very good experience!

We ate at R&C once, but I can't tell you much about it, because it was that unmemorable! Go to Chefs!

We've eaten at Chefs many times & SS a few times. For our family, Chefs' food blows SS's away. It is comparing TS vs. CS, so that's to be expected. That said, Chefs is our favorite non-Signature restaurant & SS wouldn't be our 1st choice for CS. We've never eaten @ R&C, so no help there.

Thanks so much everyone...chef's it is! We just always do Le cellier and haven't tried other places, so thanks for the comparison!

While I enjoy Sunshine Seasons, I love Chef's de France. Sushine Season is a counter service with great food. Chef's is a great table service restaurant with great onion soup!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter