Chef's De France & L'Originale Alfredo-Opinions?

zcomic

Mouseketeer
Going to WDW for the fourth time and wanted to try some different restaurants. DW & I like French and the whole family loves Italian. What does everyone think of these two?

dh and i both enjoy french, but we were disappointed in chef's de france. it wasn't bad, but it wasn't anything special. not worth the $$$ in our opinion.

We enjoyed Chefs this past Feb. Certainly not a five star french restraurant but very good. I thought the prices were pretty good -- especially for Disney.

Renee

If you want good Italian, go to Tony's in MK...I personally think they are much better than Chef's.

Another vote for Tony's. Chefs De France is ok but IMHO it is no worth $$$$.

Chefs de France is wonderful...we have eaten there many times and have always had outstanding food/service.

We ate at Alfredo's for the first time just this past spring....we had put it off because of all the negative reviews..won't do that again. The atmosphere, food, service...all wonderful. The calamari appetizer, I had the pasta trio....delicious. Can't remember what hubby had..just remember he loved it. We can't wait to go back and try it again.

We have tried Tony's in MK for lunch one day...we found that to be just ok.

Been to both and not a big fan of either. Worst single case of bad service I ever had at WDW was at Chefs. Personally, I like the Bistro D' paris better.
And Alfredo's is simply too cramped and crowded for me. Almost like eating at a picnic table with other diners--that's how close the tables seemed to be.

We've had very good service at Chefs de France the last year or so and it has returned to our must do list for lunch. It was off it for a while because service was spotty. We enjoy the food.

Alfredo's is the only other place besides Fulton's that is on our never do again list. It is very cramped and the last time we dined there the service was so bad we still laugh about it.

My DH and I both think the Fettuccine at Alfredos is the best. The tables are close together as another poster said and we have felt rushed but we continue to go each trip because of the food.
:Pinkbounc

Alfredo's is one of our MUST DOs at WDW. We've been there 3 times and everytime has been a delicious experience. Enjoy!

We ate at Chefs and loved it. It was a little pricey, but we decided to splurge a little. The beef burgundy was delectable!
I have never eaten at Alfredo's, but I don't know anyone who likes it!

For me I didn't like either of the Restaurants The one I
love is Nine Dragons. To me the price was to high in the
other to restaurants and the food was so so.

We really don't care for either one. I agree with Uncleromulus in regard to Alfredo's being too cramped and crowded. We ate at Chef's De France on two seperate occassion. The food or service did not do it for us, and I have to mention I love French food in general.

I was sorta thinking of Chefs vs. Bistro--the Bistro seems a little more pricey with a slightly more limited menu, but I hear the food may be a little better...

Anyone have any preferences between the two?

For on-topics sake: We went to Alfredo's many years ago on our last trip and thought it was ok, but my Mom, who is a little timid about singing waiters, thought the entertainment was a little loud.

We love both Chefs de France and Alfredos and make sure to eat at both each trip! Last trip we went to Chefs for lunch and it was wonderful and a lot cheaper then dinner. They have a lunch combo that was very reasonably priced and we walked away stuffed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter