• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chef's de France for non-alcohol drinkers?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
Have any people who don't drink wine eaten at Chefs de France? I ask because last time I was there, the server looked shocked at the idea that I didn't want wine with lunch. (DH later told me it's almost a habit for everyone to drink wine with their meals). Other than that it was a nice meal, and I'd like to go back, but this upsets me. I just don't like alcohol with my meals usually, and I don't want to encounter this shocked look again. ANy experiences?

You certainly are not alone. I won't say I never have a glass of wine with a meal, but it is rare that I have alcohol. I do not feel out of place ordering coffee or tea at Chef's, although I think it is probably true that most people do enjoy a glass of wine with their meals there (France is, after all, known for their wines).

You'll notice that more and more restaurants at WDW have suggested wine pairing on the menu.

I had dinner there a couple of months ago and our waitress never mentioned the wine or looked shocked that we didn't order it. I'm sure you will be fine if you choose to eat there again. :)

ate there without wine..no problem! probably going again this time and probably no wine either!

I hate wine, and I'd still go there if I thought I'd like the food. Don't worry about it!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter