• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chef Mickey's

noahdove

Noahdove
We will be traveling to Disney World in July and we will most likely have 1 TS meal. We are thinking Chef Mickey's for breakfast. So, for those of you that have eaten there, what will we get for our choices, or do they just bring us a variety of food? What about beverages? Thank you in advance for you help. Bless you.

We loooooved CM's before they brought back the characters (and it was on my never-again list pre-COVID!). It's all family style and brought to your table to share. Here's the current menu: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/contemporary-resort/chef-mickeys/menus/

Non-alcoholic drinks are also included.

Our waiter would always run through the menu and make sure we wanted it all (we always turned down the yogurt, for example, so it wouldn't go to waste)

We loooooved CM's before they brought back the characters (and it was on my never-again list pre-COVID!). It's all family style and brought to your table to share. Here's the current menu: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/contemporary-resort/chef-mickeys/menus/

Non-alcoholic drinks are also included.

Our waiter would always run through the menu and make sure we wanted it all (we always turned down the yogurt, for example, so it wouldn't go to waste)
So each person gets one non alcoholic drink with the $42 purchase? Are there any desserts or just the muffins?

We LOVED Chef Mickey’s family style breakfast as well. Your best bet is to watch recent reviews on YouTube! They show you all the food included with breakfast. That’s actually what helped us to decide to give CM’s a try again (we had sworn we’d never go back after two crappy experiences in the past!) Enjoy!

So each person gets one non alcoholic drink with the $42 purchase? Are there any desserts or just the muffins?

It’s breakfast, so I would think just the muffins as breakfast isn’t really a meal that comes with dessert in most places.

I always got orange juice and coffee; my husband often got juice and then an iced tea to go. They never had an issue with us getting a couple different drinks.

It's breakfast so there really isn't a "dessert" (I can't think of any breakfast spot that does have dessert?). Between the fruit, yogurt, fritters, muffins, and french toast I can't imagine needing another sweet item! There is SO much food.

I was there in December, and it was delicious and plentiful.
I recall a bread basket, assorted fruit, bacon, ham, sausage, eggs, tater tots, a huge pancake, french toast, mickey waffles, and some type of casserole. I skipped the salmon and yogart. I had water and coffee but several were enjoying other beverages. Service was excellent and attentive. My server asked several times if I wanted more.

Chef Mickey breakfast was one of our favorite meals in November!! I don’t know what has changed with the characters there now, but it was great when we were there!

Chef Mickey's sounds perfect for breakfast, but we cannot justify the price as we do not care about characters.

A Chef Mickey's questions -
No characters at all? I realize no place has characters roaming the tables - just wondering if there are any stationed around to wave to.

Sounds like it's family style now versus buffet. Which is perfectly fine.

This has become our "last morning" tradition and we hope we can get reservations for our trip in July.

Somewhat related - we hope Cape May re-opens by then (and it seems possible since Beach Club will be open end of May). I thought all along they'd go with "family style" versus buffet if they do. Assuming that's the case with Chef Mickey's then it seems possible.

Now if only 1900 Park Fare could do the same - with characters stationed in spots.

Last edited:
No characters at all? I realize no place has characters roaming the tables - just wondering if there are any stationed around to wave to.

This has become our "last morning" tradition and we hope we can get reservations for our trip in July.

Somewhat related - we hope Cape May re-opens by then (and it seems possible since Beach Club will be open und of May. I thought all along they'd go with "family style" versus buffet if they do. Assuming that's the case with Chef Mickey's then it seems possible.

Now if only 1900 Park Fare could do the same - with characters stationed in spots.

The characters are back! I believe they came back mid-December!! I’d love it if both Cape May and Park Fare open the same way! (Or at least just open!!) 😆

The characters come out and go to each section, moving so that each table get a chance to get distanced pics/selfies. Then there is a time they all dance all around the restaurant. They are not stationary.

Somewhat related - we hope Cape May re-opens by then (and it seems possible since Beach Club will be open end of May). I thought all along they'd go with "family style" versus buffet if they do. Assuming that's the case with Chef Mickey's then it seems possible.

They just announced today that Cape May will be reopening - family style this time instead of buffet. Cape May is one of my favorites, but I don't think I will be going back after seeing the update on it.

"Guests returning to Cape May Café will find old favorites and new changes, along with its signature service and quality. The restaurant will serve breakfast and dinner, but Minnie’s Beach Bash Character Breakfast and the Seafood-and-More Dinner Buffet will not return at reopening.
That’s not to say there aren’t plenty of treats in store! The all-you-care-to enjoy family-style breakfast menu will feature popular staples like pastries (including the layered crispy, cream-filled “Lobster Tail”), omelets, and Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse waffles. Highlights from dinner will include house-made Parker House rolls and corn bread, a seafood boil with a variety of fresh seafood, The Turf Platter with steak and chicken, and – my personal favorite – lobster mac and cheese. "

When looking at the menu on the Disney website it looks like there will be a land platter with chicken and steak. There will also be a seafood platter with mussels, shrimp, clams, seafood boil, etc. Lobster and Crab legs will be an additional upcharge.

Sad to not see the calm chowder on the menu anymore - definitely my favorite part.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter