Chef Mickey's vs Goofy's Kitchen

dizneekrazee

Fullfilling my bucket list, one vacation at a time
So I am new to these WDW boards, and I was just reading a thread on the numerous bad reviews regarding Chef Mickey's. On the otherhand, I read numerous bad reviews for Goofy's Kitchen at DLR. However, we love Goofy's Kitchen.

So, for those of you that have been to both, how would you compare the two? They both offer breakfast & dinner. I am looking to book Chef Mickey's for dinner, and we have only had 1 experience at Goofy's for dinner, which was just this past December. (If Ohana's had the character dinner option, we would do Mickey's for breakfast).

Thanks for your input!!

We had lunch at goofy's kitchen in February and breakfast at chef mickey's 2 weeks ago. I thought the food at both was pretty much the same, as far as quality goes. We liked what we had at both locations. Our goofy's kitchen reservation was for 1pm (I think) so we had a mix of breakfast items and lunch items. Chef Mickey's was just breakfast and as far as the breakfast items go they were pretty much identical. The Mickey waffles were equally good at both locations. :)

As far as atmosphere, I think chef Mickey's wins that one. The restaurant was bright and they do a napkin dance where the kids get to twirl the napkins. We saw the fab 5 (Mickey, Minnie, goofy, Donald and Pluto). I'm not sure if it was just our table location or the whole restaurant, but it was a bit dimmer at goofy's kitchen. And no dance. But the characters were more diverse. We saw goofy, Pluto, chip & dale, baloo, rafiki and sleeping beauty.

Either way, I think you will have a good time. :)

We had lunch at goofy's kitchen in February and breakfast at chef mickey's 2 weeks ago. I thought the food at both was pretty much the same, as far as quality goes. We liked what we had at both locations. Our goofy's kitchen reservation was for 1pm (I think) so we had a mix of breakfast items and lunch items. Chef Mickey's was just breakfast and as far as the breakfast items go they were pretty much identical. The Mickey waffles were equally good at both locations. :)

As far as atmosphere, I think chef Mickey's wins that one. The restaurant was bright and they do a napkin dance where the kids get to twirl the napkins. We saw the fab 5 (Mickey, Minnie, goofy, Donald and Pluto). I'm not sure if it was just our table location or the whole restaurant, but it was a bit dimmer at goofy's kitchen. And no dance. But the characters were more diverse. We saw goofy, Pluto, chip & dale, baloo, rafiki and sleeping beauty.

Either way, I think you will have a good time. :)

Thank you. That's the comparison I was looking for. I think we will enjoy Chef Mickeys as well. :)

We've had breakfast and lunch at both Goofy's Kitchen and Chef Mickey's. I agree with DznyPrnces that the food quality is comparable between the two places (ok, not great). On atmosphere, the edge goes to CM. Nothing like the monorails gliding overhead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter