Chef Mickey's or Tusker House?

eletymom

Earning My Ears
We are going for the first time and are debating between Chef Mickey's and Tusker House for a character breakfast. I see they have a lot of the same characters, so I am just looking for the best experience, food, etc. We are paying OOP so only want to do one, but want to pick the better of the two. Thanks for your help.

We had dinner at CM and thought it was the worst food of our two trips! We had breakfast at Tusker House and absolutely LOVE the food for breakfast! Plus we liked the character interaction better at TH.

I have to agree. We usually go to Chef Mickey's as a tradition. This past trip (Dec '10) we went to both, CM for dinner and TH for breakfast. I really enjoyed the food at TH. It's not the same thing you get everywhere else, but there are comfort foods too. You get your picture taken at both places, as a family at CM, and a family photo with Donald at TH. One other thing to think about is timing. At TH, you can book an early breakfast and get into AK early, or book a late breakfast and be able to skip lunch. At CM, you'd have to leave the park during the day to have the late bkfst, and it doesn't gain you anything to have an early ressie. Just some things to think about. :goodvibes HTH

Kathy

Another vote for TH - one of our favorites - we go every year, for all the reasons everyone else has already mentioned (especially the secret early entry into AK!)

Tusker House has a really good breakfast buffet. We ate at both CM and TH for breakfast on our last trip. They are both really fun, but the food at TH is much better IMO.

We have ate breakfast at both. The characters are pretty much the same, and the food is pretty close to the same that I can remember. I really liked the Jungle Juice at Tusker. And I felt like the food was always full and cleaned around the bar more than at Mickey's, but that could have just been my experience.

Personally, I would do Tusker House! We love it and eat there every trip! we have done both, and I feel like the food at Tusker House is WAY BETTER! Also, it's much quieter at TH and doesn't seem quite as CRAZY as Chef Mickey's did.

I haven't done TH but I was NOT impressed with the food at CM's!!! We were on the DDP and I feel like it wasn't even worth that!! Go with TH!! Especially if you are paying OOP!

Wow!! Looks like the vote was unanimous and definitely helped make my decision, Tusker House it is. Thanks so much for all your input.

We usually do both and prefer the TH over CM's. Love the food/atmosphere, just not as chaotic as CM's. Enjoy!!

We love Tusker House.

The food is more interesting, and then you'll be in AK and can enjoy the park afterwards. Also - depending on the time of your reservation, grab a fast pass for the Safari BEFORE you eat - it's right up the path a bit.... then you'll be able to use it later in the day!

I haven't done TH but I was NOT impressed with the food at CM's!!! We were on the DDP and I feel like it wasn't even worth that!! Go with TH!! Especially if you are paying OOP!

I totally agree. I wasnt thrilled with the breakfast at CM's. The characters are wonderful thou....that was worth it for me. But i would definitely pick TH. I LOVE the food there. The biggest variety i've seen yet! So yummy. Plus the characters are great...daisy is hilarious!! A bonus to this place is that you will be one of the first ones to ride the safari ride. :goodvibes

Depends on whether Minnie is a priority. Minnie is only at CM. Daisy is at TH instead. We've only done dinner at CM, but it was so bad we have no interest in going back (not even DD (5)). TH is great. Although DD loves Minnie, we would rather go to TH, and go see Minnie at a meet and greet somewhere else.

Tusker House definitely gets the better reviews. CM is more of the "classic". TH they have safari type gear on whereas at CM, they are dressed more traditionally, if thats a concern.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter