• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chef Mickey's Or Ohana's?

lschmitz

Earning My Ears
What's your favorite? I want to take my kids (4, 7, 8) to a character breakfast. I've narrowed it to these two choices. I'd like your opinions as they have helped me so much in planning our trip.

What more can I say? It is my 7yo & 5yo's hands-down favorite. I like the food selection there as well.

We were just discussing these very same two breakfasts this morning at dance class. We've done Chef Mickey's breakfast and loved it - never tried O'hana's. A friend is trying to put together a first time trip to Disney, and was asking about the breakfasts. My friend Dawn piped up and said definitely skip O'hana. They have been to Chef Mickey's several times, loved it, but tried O'hana on their last trip. They said the food was not great, and the character interaction was only so-so.

I have read a lot of rave reviews on O'hana - but they all dealt with the dinner - I would stay safe with Chef Mickey's - YUM!

My choice would be Chef Mickey's!! Have a wonderful time and don't forget your camera for some unforgetable shots. Chef Mickey's is also a great place for dinner. The Prime Rib is wonderful!

:) I just came back last week and we went to O'hanas for breakfast (for dinner too). I have never been to Chef Mickey's but heard that it is really crowded. O'hana's had great character interaction and the food was good, not great, but good. The characters were Mickey, Goofy, and Chip and Dale. The characters were wearing Hawaiin garb. Chip and Dale looked especially cute. My son was visited by Chip and then Goofy. Then they had all of the children join the characters in a parade around the restaurant to the song Hakuna Matata from the Lion King. After the parade, we were visited by Goofy again, followed by Chip and Dale, and finally Mickey. My 5 year old son had a ball.
The food is served family style and is all you can eat. They serve pineapple bread, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, home fries, and Mickey waffles.

Just came back from WDW last week and we went to both Chef Mickey's and Ohana's.

In terms character interactions, both places are fun and interesting. Ohana's has the parade while Chef Mickey's has the napkin parties.

In terms of food, food at Ohana's is fresh and hot but with less variety. Great selections at Chef Mickey's but the food can get cold since it is an opening buffet bar.

In our next vacation, we would go back to Ohana's, not Chef Mickeys.

I've never been to Chef Mickeys, but I do like Ohanas character breakfast.

I really perfer family style when small kids are involved (or I don't eat, I just keep going to the buffet for different food for a different kid).

We found the character interaction a Ohanas to be wonderful, the food to be very good (the pineapple bread alone is worth it). All the characters came around (Mickey, Goofy, Pluto, Chip and Dale) to the table and had a photo op with everyone in the party (six of us). The were also very sensitive to the differences in my children - my two year old daughter who treated all characters like living stuff animals to hug (btw, how do they keep Chip's checks from being covered in maple syrup?) and my son, who perfered a little more space when confronted with a five foot tall chipmunk.

Chef Mickey's books faster. Which means if you postpone getting your PSs, you might be at Ohana's anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter