Chef Mickeys or Cape May Cafe breakfast?

veg2003

Earning My Ears
We are going to WDW for the first time in a few weeks and are trying to decide where to have breakfast on our departure day. We have 2 girls, ages 5 and 2 1/2, so we wanted to do a character breakfast with the traditional Disney characters.

I have a 9:10am reservation at Cape May Cafe and a 10:25 reservation at Chef Mickeys. Our flight leaves at 3:30 so we have to be back to our resort (POFQ) by 12:30 to get the Magical Express bus. I have not been able to find an earlier reservation for Chef Mickeys.

WWYD? Do we have enough time to do CM without rushing? I'm willing to take a cab to get back quickly but I'm not sure how long these meals last. I've heard great things about CM, not much about CMC; anyone have any opinions? I know Minnie is at both and that's who my girls would want to see the most, but it's kind of a bummer that Mickey isn't at CMC too... Any thoughts/opinions would be appreciated!

We have eaten dinner at CM & liked it but breakfast at Cape May is our favorite.

Kae

I personally like Cape May WAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than Chef Mickeys. The food is so much better. The quality at Chef M wasnt that good. The atmosphere at Cape May is sooooo much prettier and calmer too. This is one of our fave places for sure. Plus in a case like yours, i'd honestly go with the earlier ADR just to be on the safe side. I remember at Chef M the characters took FOREVER to come around. we were done eating long before and waited quite a while.

I personally like Cape May WAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than Chef Mickeys. The food is so much better. The quality at Chef M wasnt that good. The atmosphere at Cape May is sooooo much prettier and calmer too. This is one of our fave places for sure. Plus in a case like yours, i'd honestly go with the earlier ADR just to be on the safe side. I remember at Chef M the characters took FOREVER to come around. we were done eating long before and waited quite a while.

Ditto. I've done both & Cape May is much much better in our opinion. The food quality at Chef Mickeys has been downright awful the last few times we went, and the overall atmosphere there has felt rushed & chaotic. Cape May has always just felt more relaxed, and the BC & Boardwalk area are absolutely beautiful to walk around either before or after your meal. We've always enjoyed the buffet food at Cape May, it's always been plentiful, varied & fresh. The last time we went to Chef Mickey they were running out of things, nothing was attended to, the buffet area was dirty, and the food was all bland & mediocre. We would return to Cape May in a heartbeat, we will not be returning to Chef Mickeys again. Again, just our opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter