• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chef Mickeys - horrible

RainK

Mouseketeer
This was our 2nd time at Chef Mickeys and in all honesty, we only go for the characters. The last time we ate there ( 2 years ago) we actually liked the food. It wasn't great, but wasn't bad. So, we booked again for this trip.

This time around - we HATED it. The food was terrible! The selection was very limited.

Has this place gone down hill or did we just have a bad experience? I will never book there again.

It was our tradition to go to CM the first night of our trip but the last couple years we have not since the quality does seem to have gone downhill.

same experience. Went for the characters for our kid and were SOOOOO disappointed! Will not be going back anytime soon! Too bad because it is a fun restaurant.

We're attempting Garden Grill this time soley for dining with Mickey @ dinner because I can't stomach Chef Mickey's another trip! LOL! :rotfl:

We tried Chef Mickey's in April 2009 and I didn't like the food or the desserts at all. It's a great place to meet Mickey/Donald/Goofy/Pluto, but as far as food goes there are way better character meal destinations IMO. I love the character breakfast at 'Ohana!

We went on mothers day and this was our 4th time on 3yrs and it was great every time

We went to Chef Mickey's for the first time in November. We didn't think the food was terrible but it was not as good as the other character meals we did namely CRT and Crystal Palace. We enjoyed Crystal palace the best and intend to go there again on our next visit. We won't be making an ADR for Chef Mickey's.

Chef mickey's is very hit or miss. Way overpriced and the food is NEVER good enough to justify the price, even on the best of days.

There are more and more really negative reviews coming in from Chef Mickey's.

We just passed by the area a few months ago waiting for our ADR fo "The Wave", and I was shocked at all the trash I saw on the floor and under the tables. This was during a slow period, too. There's NO excuse for that.... :sad2:

We just passed by the area a few months ago waiting for our ADR fo "The Wave", and I was shocked at all the trash I saw on the floor and under the tables. This was during a slow period, too. There's NO excuse for that.... :sad2:

I don't think that was an isolated occurrence. We were there last May and it was pretty early in the dinner service (not the end of the night where I might expect it to look a little worse for wear). The place was absolutely filthy. My husband took one look at the floors and said "Are we really going to eat here? "--- and we aren't that picky either.

The entrees and the ice cream were disgusting. The salads and the rest of the desserts were good. Our server and the characters were great. I watched a kid drop the tongs from the chicken onto the floor and put them back in the chicken. His horrified mother told the CM, and if they switched out the chicken or did anything about it, I sure didn't see it. My MIL got food poisoning after eating there. Even my 4 year old doesn't want to go back. It's a real shame. That place could be great.

I've made ADR's at CM for our upcoming trip to Disney. We've never eaten there before and I'm a little worried now with all the negative reviews that I've been reading lately. I keep wondering if I should change it. DS is 8 and likely won't care too much about the characters. I only booked it because I wanted to do a buffet breakfast. I'm not sure it would be worth trying to work out somewhere else to go or not.

Just wondering for those who had bad experiences, is that dinner or breakfast? I want to do a breakfast because I heard the dinner was not that good. Is this true? is the breakfast better? If not where can you have a good chracter breakfast with mickey? Cape May as of right now is our back up plan! TIA:goodvibes

I've heard breakfast is still good, it is dinner that is awful. We haven't ever tried breakfast. I would be willing to give it try, but we won't be going back for dinner again.

We have always had a good experience at CM breakfast - we have gone there 4 or 5 times over recent years, and always enjoyed it. However, I have heard many more negative reviews on the dinner at CM, so we have avoided that.

Hopefully, they will make improvements . . .

Just wondering for those who had bad experiences, is that dinner or breakfast? I want to do a breakfast because I heard the dinner was not that good. Is this true? is the breakfast better? If not where can you have a good chracter breakfast with mickey? Cape May as of right now is our back up plan! TIA:goodvibes

We just got back from Disney at the beginning of May. We did breakfast at O'hana's at the Poly. Characters were Lilo and Stitch, Mickey and Pluto. Food and characters were amazing!!!! I felt bad about how much food we left behind. I would do this over Chef Mickey's anyday, although I've only done dinners at CM.

Cape May is only Minnie, Goofy and Chip and Dale I think. It's been a few years, but if memory serves me right, Mickey doesn't make an appearance there. Food there was really good though!!!

To the OP I am just wondering if you went there for breakfast or dinner, since you never mentioned which service you were there for.

This was our 2nd time at Chef Mickeys and in all honesty, we only go for the characters. The last time we ate there ( 2 years ago) we actually liked the food. It wasn't great, but wasn't bad. So, we booked again for this trip.

This time around - we HATED it. The food was terrible! The selection was very limited.

Has this place gone down hill or did we just have a bad experience? I will never book there again.

With the exception of Biergarten and Cape May Cafe, we have been very disappointed in the lunch and/or dinner buffets. The last time we were at Chef Mickey's was in 2004 for dinner and we won't be going back. The food was mediocre (and that is being generous), the entire buffet section was filthy and the tables were sticky. We may go back for breakfast at some point, but we really prefer Crystal Palace for breakfast (or Cape May Cafe).

We were at the WDW last nov/dec and there was just some food that was not standard. We go to CM because my baby wants to, loves MIckey, but last year the food had really went down hill. We are fairly easy to please, and while we did find enough to eat, overall it has gotten worse. The other one, which surprised us, and even to the point the kids asked not to go back was the Garden Grill. We have ate here several times, and always had good food and service, but it was just awful. Cm was better than GG, even the characters at GG rushed right through, didn't really "play" with the kids. I hope this was just a bad day, but it was bad enough we are going to skip it this time around.

I didn't think it was that good last August, and we've gone there every trip.

I want to skip this coming August, but we have friends with us who have never been, and my son is insisting that you can't do a Disney dining trip without one meal at Chef Mickey's. Worse is that I can't even find us a decent time to go. I'm hoping they announce a lunch during Free Dining this year because it's been impossible to get a breakfast or dinner ADR I'm happy with.

We have been to CM's for both breakfast and dinner, and I would say that the breakfast is better. The dinner was ok, but not worth the money. We probably won't be doing CM anymore though, because of the negative comments and there are other places we want to try. We think that the Ohana breakfast at the Poly is good and my daughter loves Lilo and Stitch. We've done the Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner and it was good along with the Crystal Palace for dinner. These two had plenty of food and characters to go around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter