Chef Mickey's Breakfast Question

Christine

DIS Veteran
A large group of us are going to WDW in November (15 people). Part of my party would like to go to Chef Mickey's and I managed to snag a reservation for 9. My cousin is the one who really wants to go and take her grown children and her grandchildren. We all did Chef Mickey's back in the early 90s and her kids (now in their 30s with kids of their own) have such fond memories of the place. They have not been back to Disney since and do not read the DIS to know that many things have gone downhill.

I have not been back to Chef Mickey's since then and prefer other places. I don't think they overly care if the food isn't perfect. They more have really good memories of the character interaction and the "napkin twirling" that seemed to happen at regular intervals. So, my question is: does the napkin twirling still go on?

If it matters, the two kids going are boys ages 4 and 3.

I was there last month, and yes, the napkin twirling does go on. The food was as you would expect - decent but not spectacular.

We were the for about an hour on each trip. Each trip, we did about 2 napkin twirls! Im guessing its every 1/2 hour!

I also stayed at the Contemp one year and was in a room right above the restaurant. The song they played "Celebrate Mickey Mouse", still rings through my head 10 years later! I heard it many many many many many many many many times in the morning and evening when we were in the room, so Ill stick to the 20 - 30 minutes intervals!

We were there in October and they still did the napkin twirling. Food is ok, nothing special you're definitely paying for the character experience. Our server was fabulous though and when she found out Pluto hadn't visited our table yet she took my son and me around the restaurant to find him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!