Chef Mickey or Donald's Breakfastosaurus

jels

Earning My Ears
This is our 1st time to WDW with the family, 2DS 5 and 4, and DD 6 months. I have reservations for Chef Mickey's at 7am on a day that we were planning to go to AK. Should we do Donald's instead since it would be in AK? (The day that we are planning on doing AK is when it is open late.) I originally chose Chef Mickey's because Donald's did not have good reviews. Oh, and if this helps your answers we are on the MYW dining plan
TIA-Jels ::MinnieMo

:grouphug:I actually really like Donald's Breakfastosaurus, but especially if this is your first trip with the family, :grouphug: I would have to recommend sticking with your Chef Mickey's ressie. It's definitely more fun and outgoing. It's been a while since we did breakfast there, but I remember the food being really good. The food at Donald's is good, but nothing special. And since you will be at AK until the extra magic evening hours, I wouldn't worry about not being there first thing. Have a great trip.

Mike

We have eaten at Chef Mickeys 5 times and always have a great experience. There is a wide variety of delicious food and the character interaction is very good too. Weve never had a problem with service here either.
We went to Donalds once and will not be going back. Our waiter was rude and the meal was stressful. The food itself wasnt bad (except 1 disappointment), but we couldnt enjoy it as we just wanted to get out of there.
From our experience I would stick with Chef Mickeys, but there seem to be plenty of people who have had consistently great meals at Donalds, so I dont think our experience was the norm.

We ate at Chef Mickey's and it was okay. We weren't impressed, but it wasn't bad either. Check out the menus on allearsnet.com. I think that Donald's food sounds great...can't beat a place with dinosaur eggs(donut holes)! Plus, being in the park you are going to visit that day sounds really simple to me. I would choose that one, but Chef Mickey's would be fine too I'm sure.

we have been to both and like both. I actually liked our server interaction at Donald's better. We had great service at Donald's . We enjoyed the food as well. My brother and his family have also been to Donald's (different time than us) and they enjoyed it as well. I would say go for Donald's if you are going to Animal Kingdom. If you can get an early PS you can get in and eat and beat the crowds at opening. This is what we did. When breakfast was over we went right out and walked on to Dinosaur and enjoyed the boneyard with no crowds.

I think they are both great! But if you are going to AK for the day, I think going to Donalds would be a great way to start the AK day. We are going to eat at the Donald breakfast also when we go this May.
Have a :earsboy: fun Time!

DS13 keeps asking for Chef Mickey's - we have been several times and this Aug we'll be going for brkfst

did Donald's once - most likely wont return

We did Chef Mickey's in 2003 and wasn't thrilled. We had seen several travel channel specials on it and we're excited to go. But we were very disappointed. It was very noisy and distracting. The buffet line was very long. We won't be going back. We did Donald's in 2004 and loved it. The food was much better. The characters were not rushed. It was so much more quieter. I felt much better after this meal. We are planning on returning here. We had seatings within 20 minutes of the restaurant opening for both locations.

I'd switch to Donald's, since you are already going to be in AK for the day.

We love Donald's Breakfastosaurus! We've been 3 or 4 times and I booked last week for our upcoming trip. The food is delicious! And the characters are awesome. I always hate to read about people being disappointed by this place. We've ALWAYS had so much fun :banana:
We go to Chef Mickey's for dinner~

jels said:
This is our 1st time to WDW with the family, 2DS 5 and 4, and DD 6 months. I have reservations for Chef Mickey's at 7am on a day that we were planning to go to AK. Should we do Donald's instead since it would be in AK? (The day that we are planning on doing AK is when it is open late.) I originally chose Chef Mickey's because Donald's did not have good reviews. Oh, and if this helps your answers we are on the MYW dining plan
TIA-Jels ::MinnieMo

Chef Mickey's absolutely!

Love Donald's, it is a must do for us. Great food, service and character interaction.

Have only had CM's for dinner, and wouldn't go near that place again if someone paid me.

We have done both. We choose donalds when we do AK. We do chef Mickey's for dinner. You will hear reports good and bad for both. I feel CM is a bit more expensive than I like to spend. Again, just my opinion.

sherry

We have done both, and for us, Donald's wins hands down.

The food is better, the service is better, and the character interaction is better. Donald's is the first PS we make every year!!

We have done both and enjoyed the food, service and atmosphere at both. However, we wouldn't return to CM for dinner! CM is louder and will be more chaotic, but it is all in fun. Breakfastosauraus is nice because you get time with Donald! The characters were less rushed at Donald's, but the selection of food is larger at CM. Either one is good... princess: pirate: :earboy2:

Chef Mickey's - We ate at Donald's once & it was, quite frankly, the worst meal we ever had at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter