• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cheesy movies from the 80s.....

So many good "cheesy 80's flicks" have been mentioned. Bringing back a ton of memories :thumbsup2

Does anyone remember the movie VIBES with Cyndi Lauper? I swear I am the only person who ever saw that movie. Not only did I see it, but loved it lol!

How about Coming to America?

Earth Girls are Easy with Gina Davis, a young Jim Carey and Damon Wayans, and Jeff Goldblum.

GREAT cheesy movie. "I'm proud to be voted this month Miss August. It's an honor I'll try to remember for as long as I can!"

Spring Break
Valley Girls
Where The Boys Are '84
Up In Smoke

A lot of these I wouldn't call cheesy, which probably says something about my taste in movies...

A lot of these I wouldn't call cheesy, which probably says something about my taste in movies...

When I look back at the 80's I think pretty much everything was cheesy. In a good way of course.

So many good "cheesy 80's flicks" have been mentioned. Bringing back a ton of memories :thumbsup2

Does anyone remember the movie VIBES with Cyndi Lauper? I swear I am the only person who ever saw that movie. Not only did I see it, but loved it lol!

How about Coming to America?

I do too, another Jeff Goldblum cheesy movie!

More:

Secret Admirer
Ladyhawke (story isn't really cheesy, but the soundtrack, holy smokes!!!!)
Time Bandits
Krull
The Sword and the Sorcerer

If you liked Christopher Atkins, you should watch "The Blue Lagoon". You'll see ALL of him in it!

Airplane! I was only 8 when it came out and I thought it was the funniest movie I ever saw.

Beat Street was pretty cheesy!!!

My brother spent an entire summer quoting "They Call Me Bruce" Soooo cheesy, and in hindsight, most definitely not something a preteen should have been quoting, let alone watching. My parents really should have rethought those cable channels.

Totally agree on "The Last Starfighter". Egads, and "C.H.U.D." and "Buckaroo Bonzai". What a trip.

I do too, another Jeff Goldblum cheesy movie!

More:

Secret Admirer
Ladyhawke (story isn't really cheesy, but the soundtrack, holy smokes!!!!)
Time Bandits
Krull
The Sword and the Sorcerer

OMG! I loved the last 4 that you mentioned! I remember going to the movie theater to see Time Bandits and Krull.

DH and I were talking recently about the graphics of older movies and how they looked compared to now. We were watching The Shadow when we got on the topic.

I love cheesy movies from the 80's.

Just watched The Three Amigos a couple of weeks ago. The kids loved it. I love Steve Martin and the kids have an uncle that looks exactly like Chevy Chase. They love seeing Uncle Paul on TV and in movies.

I own Adventures in Babysitting

Now we are watching cheesy TV shows from the 80's. Just picked up the first season of The Greatest American Hero. :happytv: Best 80's hair ever on a man.

I don't think anyone mentioned Ice Castles - well, technically it came out in 1978.

"All of Me" Lily Tomlin and Steve Martin. Classic body-switch movie.

...put back in bowl...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter