Checking out today here is room 1150

We are checking out today. the room and location was spectacular. I requested high floor , 50 series. This was on ocean view dedicated 2 bedroom. The resort itself has some issues that really should be worked out. dvc perks non existent. Too many people in the pool without bands, lines for everything. No adult only pool. There are way too many people using the pool who are not staying here but the staff is way more concerned about the chairs than people not Having wristbands.No Disney plus in the rooms.

Beautiful view - looks like a great location. We have a 2 bdrm dedicated Island/Garden view reserved for June 23 but would spend the extra points on ocean view if we could get that or similar location. If I may ask, how did you submit your request?

Beautiful view - looks like a great location. We have a 2 bdrm dedicated Island/Garden view reserved for June 23 but would spend the extra points on ocean view if we could get that or similar location. If I may ask, how did you submit your request?
We asked for Ewa Tower, 50 series, highest floor possible

We are checking out today. the room and location was spectacular. I requested high floor , 50 series. This was on ocean view dedicated 2 bedroom. The resort itself has some issues that really should be worked out. dvc perks non existent. Too many people in the pool without bands, lines for everything. No adult only pool. There are way too many people using the pool who are not staying here but the staff is way more concerned about the chairs than people not Having wristbands.No Disney plus in the rooms.

agreed, this needs to be fixed now

agreed, this needs to be fixed now
Hmmm was there 4th of July weekend! Packed! Long lines at shave ice, just waited patiently like others. Long line for tube water slide. Waited in line patiently like everyone else did and with my 4 year old. There is an adult only hot tub! 3 pools to choose from but being a busy weekend, it just added to the craziness of the 4th! I don’t think they overlook that (wristbands) on purpose as most times hands are in water and the lifeguards are walking back and forth focusing on the people in the water, not bands. Other than that, I’m glad you had a great experience but yes it was packed but luckily we found 2 chairs at 11AM and shared that chair with another family who just wanted to leave there things and go swim! It’s all about showing “Aloha” to others while in a beautiful place who have kiddos that drive them bananas! Adult only pool, I would never expect to see that at any Disney resort! Perhaps the 4 Seasons (right next door) or in Waikiki! I come to Disney with the expectations of being surrounded and swamped by kids and families who are there to be themselves without being afraid of not being accepted by others. Welcome Home! 🤙🏾

Are non resort guests allowed to use the facilities?
I don’t believe so especially the security is on it which some posts have indicated they are not. But they may use the food places since those can be paid for by cc, etc. on our last day, one of the cast members informed a couple that they had to leave the pool area, horse sitting on chairs, because they did not have wristbands. But I do know that they can walk through and check out the property. With all that being said, I’m sure there are ways that people can jump in the pool and spend some time in there along with going into the lazy river, but I’m sure the workers are trained to take a look at their wrist.

I don’t believe so especially the security is on it which some posts have indicated they are not. But they may use the food places since those can be paid for by cc, etc. on our last day, one of the cast members informed a couple that they had to leave the pool area, horse sitting on chairs, because they did not have wristbands. But I do know that they can walk through and check out the property. With all that being said, I’m sure there are ways that people can jump in the pool and spend some time in there along with going into the lazy river, but I’m sure the workers are trained to take a look at their wrist.
Thanks! Hopefully the workers get a grip on the ones who aren't guests. At Disney's Beach Club where we usually use our DVC points there is a cast member at the gate checking bands etc

Thanks! Hopefully the workers get a grip on the ones who aren't guests. At Disney's Beach Club where we usually use our DVC points there is a cast member at the gate checking bands etc
We’ll in Hawaii, it’s easy to take care of locals as long as they aren’t being a hassle to anyone. Just saying. The workers really take care of the locals

Yes..there were locals next to us in their chairs and in line for the slide. Management did acknowledge and they are trying to navigate on how to handle the issue.

Are non resort guests allowed to use the facilities?
We stay at the Ko Olina Marriott as we have the MVC. We do walk down to Aulani at least once a day for a Mickey Bar and to shop. While you can walk freely through the pool area to the building, we have seen them stop people who don't have wrist bands from getting in the lazy river or sitting on a pool chair. The same is done at the Marriott with their pools and chairs.

Yes, I look local and am local. They have stopped me for sitting on the corner of the beach chair on the beach when nobody was there and my family dipped in the ocean! Kinda terrible feeling. It was many years ago and I've been at that beach way before Aulani even existed so it was unsettling but understandable. Not the same as a dip in the pool of course.

It is packed and most dvc studio availability is gone nowadays 11 months out whereas Pre-covid Aulani was NOT packed out. It is different now. Everyday is a busy day with increased interest in domestic travel, remote working etc. I love Aulani but living in a beautiful and popular island, I have come to expect lines of tourists at all shave ice stands and slides. I just manage it like the parks. There are busy times and slow times. Just gotta know when to go.

Lots of locals (especially from neighboring islands) love our Aulani and are therefore tourists as well. The locals are not the concern as are the increased droves of tourists in the midst of summer.

I love the ideal of locals sharing space with the visitors and opportunities to bridge community happen.

Last edited:
Yes, I look local and am local. They have stopped me for sitting on the corner of the beach chair on the beach when nobody was there and my family dipped in the ocean! Kinda terrible feeling. It was many years ago and I've been at that beach way before Aulani even existed so it was unsettling but understandable. Not the same as a dip in the pool of course.

It is packed and most studio availability is gone nowadays 11 months out whereas Pre-covid Aulani was NOT packed out. It is different now. Everyday is a busy day with increased interest in domestic travel, remote working etc. I love Aulani but living in a beautiful and popular island, I have come to expect lines of tourists at all shave ice stands and slides. I just manage it like the parks. There are busy times and slow times. Just gotta know when to go.

Lots of locals (especially from neighboring islands) love our Aulani and are therefore tourists as well. The locals are not the concern as are the increased droves of tourists in the midst of summer.

I love the ideal of locals sharing space with the visitors and opportunities to bridge community happens.
We’ll said! Hawai’i has been open for business way sooner than we wanted but being the #1 source of our state’s income, it had to be done. Now the rest of the world has opened up, easing travel restrictions (Hawaii as well), people are coming! At Aulani, one of the reasons why we purchased DVC, was how genuinely respectful EVERYONE was to each other. Thank you to all who have gone there and made the experience memorable!

I'm going to keep going to Aulani in the winter because I've never waited in these nightmare lines that everyone talks about. Fingers crossed my luck continues.

We actually had a garden view and it still had a great ocean view. It was looking up the coast not over the pools. Not a lot of bad views from what I could see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter