• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Checking in For Cruise While on Cruise

Macmaro

Mouseketeer
For our December cruise, we are hoping to get a cabana on Castaway Cay. We are going with family and friends and we thought it might be a nice indulgence. Of course I know they are difficult to get but I am hoping since we are on the Wonder (smaller ship) and we are Platinum that we might get lucky if we log in as soon as check in is available. The problem is, I just realized we will be on the Fantasy when our check in opens up.

What are my options for trying to log in? I would hate to try and use the onboard wifi to checkin. What are the chances that guest services would be able to do it for me? Or maybe the port adventure desk?

For our December cruise, we are hoping to get a cabana on Castaway Cay. We are going with family and friends and we thought it might be a nice indulgence. Of course I know they are difficult to get but I am hoping since we are on the Wonder (smaller ship) and we are Platinum that we might get lucky if we log in as soon as check in is available. The problem is, I just realized we will be on the Fantasy when our check in opens up.

What are my options for trying to log in? I would hate to try and use the onboard wifi to checkin. What are the chances that guest services would be able to do it for me? Or maybe the port adventure desk?
Nope, ya gotta do it yourself.

Using ship's internet (if you're online late at night or early in the morning) is pretty good. Beyond that, are you in a port the next morning? Possibly somewhere onshore that has free wifi would work best for you.

I would hate to try and use the onboard wifi to checkin. What are the chances that guest services would be able to do it for me?

Access to the DCL website is free even without the WiFi package. You can always get to that. You can also try to ask the nice fellow at the Connect@Sea desk (Deck 3 at the end of Promenade Lounge on Magic/Wonder or Deck 4 near Vistas on Dream/Fantasy) if he would be willing to help. Sometimes they have laptops you can borrow/rent.

Good Luck!

Access to the DCL website is free even without the WiFi package. You can always get to that. You can also try to ask the nice fellow at the Connect@Sea desk (Deck 3 at the end of Promenade Lounge on Magic/Wonder or Deck 4 near Vistas on Dream/Fantasy) if he would be willing to help. Sometimes they have laptops you can borrow/rent.
I was going to point out the same thing. You do not need to login the the DCL Guest wifi network and use a data plan to go to the DCL website. I think in the past, I've also been able to get to the WDW site as well the same way.

Thanks for everyone's input. I asked at Guest Services and the Connect@Sea desk just to be sure when we got on and no one was able to help. At Midnight EST on 8/9 it took me 18 minutes just to get to the page to see the port excursions. I was able to grab the last cabana so it worked out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter