Checked Off Club 33 from my Bucket List

That smile is a Club 33 smile if I ever saw one! I'd recognize it anywhere! It's the same smile I had for a week, the first time I got to go! :thumbsup2

Congrats on your invite. We were fortunate to get an invite this last trip and we used it to celebrate our DD's 18th birthday and celebrating graduation. We were so in awe and giddy the whole time it probably would have been hilarious to watch us.

We were the last ones to leave after our lunch reservations. We were able to buy the infamous Club 33 Mickey ears, a key chain and then we all bought pins that we thought we were going to put on our lanyards, but then we were all so afraid to lose them that none of us did!

Just a little side note. We were leaving, and all happy, chatting up the lady that lets you in and out. I was near the back of our group (there was five of us) and one of the kids in our group (18, 18 and 15) pushed open the door and all of a sudden a guy pushes his way in through us. I mean like barging in like he was trying to break in. I was flabbergasted. He was yelling at his significant other to follow him. In the meantime, the lady manning the door was telling him he couldn't come in and trying to get him to back out. He kept pushing, saying I just want to take pictures. I think it might have helped that he pushed his way into the middle of our group so he was kind of swept back out with us and the CM shoving the door closed. I couldn't believe the guy. So CM closes the door and he starts yelling at his SO for not following him, that he could have got them in there if she had been following. She started arguing back, but I don't remember the whole conversation because I was so shocked by what had just happened.

People are willing to really break the rules to get a glimpse I guess. :)

Just a little side note. We were leaving, and all happy, chatting up the lady that lets you in and out. I was near the back of our group (there was five of us) and one of the kids in our group (18, 18 and 15) pushed open the door and all of a sudden a guy pushes his way in through us. I mean like barging in like he was trying to break in. I was flabbergasted. He was yelling at his significant other to follow him. In the meantime, the lady manning the door was telling him he couldn't come in and trying to get him to back out. He kept pushing, saying I just want to take pictures. I think it might have helped that he pushed his way into the middle of our group so he was kind of swept back out with us and the CM shoving the door closed. I couldn't believe the guy. So CM closes the door and he starts yelling at his SO for not following him, that he could have got them in there if she had been following. She started arguing back, but I don't remember the whole conversation because I was so shocked by what had just happened.

People are willing to really break the rules to get a glimpse I guess. :)

Wow, that's incredible!! It's hard to believe that kind of behavior. I'm glad it turned out that he was swept out in your group, LOL!

We had a funny thing happen when we were there recently. I had noticed the Club 33 ears in the merchandise case, so when there was a lull at our table, I went to see about getting some. There was a man leaning against the wall across from the case. He had on a Club 33 shirt and a name tag, so I just walked right up to him and asked if I could please get 2 ear hats. He laughed and told me he didn't work there :eek:. Talk about embarrassing!!! Turned out he was a really good sport and shared a lot of information about his family's history with Disney, including the fact that his great uncle was Paul Frees! He did a whole rendition of part of the Ghost Host spiel and sounded exactly like him. His family also makes fiber optic jackets for Disney. Very interesting guy! He even showed us a bunch of pictures of the jackets they're currently working on. Oh, and they supply some of the merchandise in the case :goodvibes

Turned out he was a really good sport and shared a lot of information about his family's history with Disney, including the fact that his great uncle was Paul Frees! He did a whole rendition of part of the Ghost Host spiel and sounded exactly like him. His family also makes fiber optic jackets for Disney. Very interesting guy! He even showed us a bunch of pictures of the jackets they're currently working on. Oh, and they supply some of the merchandise in the case :goodvibes
He is a nice guy. His fiber optic jackets are really nice. He will chat for as long as you are willing to listen. Nice guy! Were you there on the 4th of July?

Thanks again everyone for your great comments, kind words and sharing your stories as well.

I know there are a lot of people who want to go to Club 33 and I can confirm with some networking it can happen. For me it all started with the runDisney events and the great running community. I've met some wonderful people at these events that have become really good friends.

He is a nice guy. His fiber optic jackets are really nice. He will chat for as long as you are willing to listen. Nice guy! Were you there on the 4th of July?

No, we were there July 13. Here is a pic of me finding out he didn't work there:
20130713_124808_zps2f2e3630.jpg

Got my ears!
20130713_133242_zpsf4cb52ca.jpg

No, we were there July 13. Here is a pic of me finding out he didn't work there:
20130713_124808_zps2f2e3630.jpg

Got my ears!
20130713_133242_zpsf4cb52ca.jpg

Oh, Art was a kick in the pants to meet!! I told him he was better than the dessert buffet!! LOL!!!:rotfl2:

It's crazy how jealous I am when reading these wonderful stories about Club 33. Embarrassing really.

Congrats to all of you who won the golden ticket!

It's crazy how jealous I am when reading these wonderful stories about Club 33. Embarrassing really.

Don't give up hope Austin Tink! I can't tell you how many years I stood waiting for that green door to open, just so I could get a peek inside! Then one day, when I least expected it, my "golden ticket" magically arrived. Dreams really do come true so keep wishing!!:wizard:

AustinTink said:

I agree with the PP. Keep the faith! You never know when a little magic will come your way. Try not be jealous, although its hard sometimes! Until you get your chance, do what I do and live vicariously through the lucky folks on here who post their amazing stories!

Don't give up hope Austin Tink! I can't tell you how many years I stood waiting for that green door to open, just so I could get a peek inside! Then one day, when I least expected it, my "golden ticket" magically arrived. Dreams really do come true so keep wishing!!:wizard:

This. I never thought I'd get a chance to step through that door, but with all things Disney, dreams can and do come true. Keep the faith and keep on dreaming, and I bet your dream will come true.

You guys are right, all of you. I actually got a little choked up reading your responses to my post. I will keep waiting and totally keep the faith that it will happen someday. :)

You guys are right, all of you. I actually got a little choked up reading your responses to my post. I will keep waiting and totally keep the faith that it will happen someday. :)

I'm rooting for ya! Wish I had a membership so I could spread the fairy dust.

Keeping my fingers crossed that one of these days I'll get a sprinkling of magic :) Looks like you both had a blast. Thought I had a connection lined up for this Christmas season, but it sounds like my mother's friend was confused and actually has a membership to the Magic Castle. Too cute. That was also a blast, did that on our last trip :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter