checked baggage at MCO

Burgermom

Mouseketeer
Hello,

We are flying to MCO internationally so cannot use the disney luggage service.
How complicated is it to get your checked bags at MCO? Does it usually take a long time to get your bags once your flight has landed?
Trying to decide if I should check a bag or just use carry on luggage.

Hello,

We are flying to MCO internationally so cannot use the disney luggage service.
How complicated is it to get your checked bags at MCO? Does it usually take a long time to get your bags once your flight has landed?
Trying to decide if I should check a bag or just use carry on luggage.

I've never found luggage retrieval at MCO to be worse than any other large American airport.

Obviously if you can travel without any checked baggage, you will get out quicker, probably by 15 or 20 minutes at least. But only you know if you can reasonably pack light enough to make that work.

If you're using the DME buses, you can still have your luggage picked up by Disney. You'd still skip baggage claim (don't collect your bags). Just tell the Disney cast members that are there before you get on the bus, they'll write down your claim check numbers and go get your bags. super easy.

If you're clearing customs in a different airport, your arrival to Orlando is the same as a domestic flight, nothing special. if you're clearing customs in Orlando, you'd get off the plane, collect your bag from the belt, clear customs, and then you could either keep your bag and exit the airport or put your bag back on to the specified belt that is right there to be collected by DME (or hypothetically be re-checked for a connecting flight).

Where are you going through customs? We're flying from BC and will go through customs in Vancouver so I still plan to attach the yellow tags and use Disney's luggage service. I think it doesn't work only if you have to go through customs at MCO.

Where are you going through customs? We're flying from BC and will go through customs in Vancouver so I still plan to attach the yellow tags and use Disney's luggage service. I think it doesn't work only if you have to go through customs at MCO.

We are flying from Toronto (Pearson). So we can use Disney's luggage service? For some reason I thought that I read that the luggage service is only available through certain airlines (we are flying Air Canada)

We are flying from Toronto (Pearson). So we can use Disney's luggage service? For some reason I thought that I read that the luggage service is only available through certain airlines (we are flying Air Canada)

Ok, I read more closely on disney website and yes it looks like we can have DME take our bags. Sorry! I must have been thinking about the check-in process that is only available for certain airlines.

Ok, I read more closely on disney website and yes it looks like we can have DME take our bags. Sorry! I must have been thinking about the check-in process that is only available for certain airlines.
We’re flying Air Canada too. I prefer Westjet but AC had better flights. We can use the luggage service on the way there, it’s flying home that we can’t use the RAC because we’re international.

We’re flying Air Canada too. I prefer Westjet but AC had better flights. We can use the luggage service on the way there, it’s flying home that we can’t use the RAC because we’re international.
so i just put tags on my bags, check them at airport and dme will pick them up?

so i just put tags on my bags, check them at airport and dme will pick them up?
Double check when you check-in for your flight where you’ll be going through customs and if/when you’ll have to pick up your bags for that. We fly Prince George-Vancouver-Orlando so we go through customs in Vancouver. Sometimes they don’t require us to physically pick up our bags, they just show us a picture so if that’s the case here I’ll attach the tags in Prince George. If we have to physically pick the up I’ll attach them in Vancouver. Then yes, DME will pick them up.

Double check when you check-in for your flight where you’ll be going through customs and if/when you’ll have to pick up your bags for that. We fly Prince George-Vancouver-Orlando so we go through customs in Vancouver. Sometimes they don’t require us to physically pick up our bags, they just show us a picture so if that’s the case here I’ll attach the tags in Prince George. If we have to physically pick the up I’ll attach them in Vancouver. Then yes, DME will pick them up.
They are flying from Toronto Pearson so will go through US Customs and Immigration at Pearson. Arrival at MCO is like they were flying US domestically. Put the DME tags on at Pearson and your bags will appear in your room at your Disney resort.

They are flying from Toronto Pearson so will go through US Customs and Immigration at Pearson. Arrival at MCO is like they were flying US domestically. Put the DME tags on at Pearson and your bags will appear in your room at your Disney resort.
Thanks for the info! We avoid Toronto and fly direct out of Vancouver if we can when travelling East. Being in BC I don't get to WDW often, it's usually DLR, but I'm thinking the customs process will be the same as it was on our last trip. This will be the first time using DME for our luggage though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter