checked bag fee...PER person

MommyBryn

DIS Veteran
Okay, just clarifying this....we're flying United and their fee is $15 first bag, $25 second bag. Is that per person? So if my family only brings 2 bags total, are we going to pay $30 or $40?

Okay, just clarifying this....we're flying United and their fee is $15 first bag, $25 second bag. Is that per person? So if my family only brings 2 bags total, are we going to pay $30 or $40?

Every bag you check is a cost. 2 bags would be 1 bag for 1 person and another bag for another person, so total cost of $30.

I suppose if you said both bags were the same persons, you would get charged $40, but why would anyone do that? :-)

Duds

And before this question is asked...

It is each way. So for a round trip, you'll pay $15.00 per bag if there are two people or $15.00 for the first bag and $25.00 for the second bag if there is only one on the way down. And you'll pay the same on the way back for a total cost of $60 - $80 depending and the traveler count.

And before this question is asked...

It is each way. So for a round trip, you'll pay $15.00 per bag if there are two people or $15.00 for the first bag and $25.00 for the second bag if there is only one on the way down. And you'll pay the same on the way back for a total cost of $60 - $80 depending and the traveler count.

Yes I already knew that ;) no worries! It just never occurred to me until this morning that we may not have to pay the $25 for the second bag since we can each consider one to be our own, so they'd just be $15 each. But I wasn't sure if the fee was per person or per party, but per person makes sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter