check your Undercover Tourist recently purchased tickets

Keacc

DIS Veteran
We are planning a trip for November 2019. I went to the UT website and found a deal :
4-Day Park Hopper® Ticket - with Extra Day.
Expiration
Ticket expires 14 days after the date of the first use - you will activate the ticket upon entry into your first Walt Disney World® Resort Theme Park. Days do not have to be used consecutively. Ticket must be activated by December 31, 2019 for admission. After December 31, 2019, you must exchange this ticket at Guest Services for admission (additional gate price may apply). Please note: We still have some physical tickets that expire December 31, 2018.

I ordered 4 adult and 1 child ticket and thought that I would get tickets needing to be activated by Dec 31,2019. I had the tickets mailed. When I received them, I linked them to my WDW Account. I then viewed the tickets on my phone with the Disney App. To my surprise, they sent me tickets that expire Jan 14, 2019 (activate by Dec 31,2018). :confused3 I called WDW and they verified the dates on the tickets. I then called UT and they said that because I linked them, they were non-refundable. They said the tickets being mailed are hit and miss on expiration dates. I told them that I bought these because their website said that they need to be activated by Dec 31,2019. They said that even if they expire, I would still get the value towards new tickets. I told them that was unacceptable because there could be 2 price increases before we go. They are now trying to figure out how to fix this. I offered to send the tickets back but they were already linked. If this doesn't get fixed, my next step is to call Capital-One and file a dispute.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Last edited:
Cpuld you "cancel" the trip with Disney so the tickets are unlinked and then rebook with new tickets?

Cpuld you "cancel" the trip with Disney so the tickets are unlinked and then rebook with new tickets?
Nope they are linked on the My Disney Experience acct and can not be unlinked. You can have tickets on your MDE but not have a room reservation so canceling the room does this person no good as far as the tickets are concerned.

OP if you would not have linked them until 2019 then your expiration date would have been 2019. Any tickets added to your MDE in 2018 will expire in 2018.

Last edited:
I can certaintly understand your frustration on this one OP because intially and the main issue is that the expiration date sent was not the same as you had purchased. UT sends just whats in their inventory so the ones they would be more apt to send first would be the older tickets.

However, no matter what UT is very clear that once you link the tickets they are yours and because they become linked to a person they are unable to refund them.

I bought my tickets back in 2016 for my 2017 trip from UT and didn't link them until after their 365 day refund policy had passed because I knew once I linked them they were mine..for better or for worse lol.

However, no matter what UT is very clear that once you link the tickets they are yours and because they become linked to a person they are unable to refund them.
Can you see the expiration date before you link them? If UT is advertising tickets valid though 2019, then that’s what they need to deliver. If they don’t, then they need to fix it. I’m pretty sure they will, but the OP needs to make sure they get valid tickets, not just a discount to make up the difference.

Can you see the expiration date before you link them? If UT is advertising tickets valid though 2019, then that’s what they need to deliver. If they don’t, then they need to fix it. I’m pretty sure they will, but the OP needs to make sure they get valid tickets, not just a discount to make up the difference.
I don't know. My tickets were bought before Disney changed their policy and created expiration dates on multi-day tickets.

I deleted my previous posts because I misunderstood OP’s problem. OP, you’re stuck imho and it’s really nice of UT to try to help you out somehow (hope they can!). UT’s website clearly states in the ticket fine print some physical tickets will expire 12/2018 (as you noted) therefore you got what you agreed to purchase. BUT: at least you’re not out much money since you’d be able to apply the value to new tickets. Idk how that process works or it’s effect on FP+ bookings.

Last edited:
Any tickets added to your MDE in 2018 will expire in 2018.
That's not actually true.

If you buy tickets direct through Disney today you'll see this message:
upload_2018-5-7_23-51-32.png

UT bought the batch of tickets in 2017 or early 2018 that expire at the end of this year (2018). Sometime in 2018 Disney updated the tickets they sell to expire at the end of 2019 and UT bought a batch of those- it may have been in Feb when Disney raised the ticket prices-not sure though.

There are pros and cons to ticket resellers. One of them is how they get their tickets to sell.

A pro for me was I bought my UT tickets in Feb 2016 but at the 2015 prices because UT had that batch of tickets left. If I had waited until they had run out I would have paid the increased price after the Feb 2016 price increase. A con for the OP is that there was a chance (per the fine print) that the tickets being sent to them were the old batch that had the 2018 expiration date as opposed to the newer batch that had the 2019 expiration date.

**I am going on off the information provided in Disney's fine print and UT's fine print that the OP provided in regard to expiration date as I have no tickets purchased from UT recently to link**

If you bought the tickets using a Capital One credit card, filing the dispute should be a very simple and painless process. My guess would be that you'll get the charges posted back to your account pretty quickly. Especially if you have something showing that the tickets you ordered aren't the tickets you received. I hate that for Undercover Tourist (they have always been really good for me) but Cap One will be quick to cover you.

You can't find out the expiration dates until you link your ticket unless you call WDW and have them verify each ticket. UT has been good in the past. Customers need to know what they are getting when they make a purchase and not be surprised. I hope that they can get this fixed without having to get Capital One involved. Capital One is very good about handling this kind of problem, but where do I get the tickets to replace them?

OP if you would not have linked them until 2019 then your expiration date would have been 2019. Any tickets added to your MDE in 2018 will expire in 2018.

No, that’s not true. In fact, most tickets sold now (any sold directly thru Disney) will expire in 2019. However some 3rd party retailers, such as UT, may still have “old stock” that expire in 2018. Expiration date is based on when the ticket was produced/printed by WDW, not dependent on when it gets linked in MDE.

OP - sorry you are dealing with this. The info you posted above clearly states UT has some old ticket stock that expires in 2018, and it’s reasonable those are the stock they will sell in a “good deal” to get rid of them. A dispute through your credit card may not work since the possibility of an earlier expiration is noted in the description and you have the actual ticket in MDE that neither Capital One nor UT can get back; those tickets retain value even after expiration date. I don’t know if you had done your ticket order by phone and told them your trip dates, if they might have been able to provide newer stock tickets. But they are correct that once the ticket is linked in MDE they cannot accept it back for refund or exchange. Others have reported this as well. Only Disney can help at this point, and my understanding is that must be done in-person. I don’t know if you call or write and offer to pay the difference if Disney will share some pixie dust and do it in advance for you. I hate to say, but it’s a case of really reading the terms throughly before purchasing. You do still have the pre-Feb-2018 value to carry forward so it isn’t completely lost, just not the price deal you thought.

Good luck and enjoy your vacation!

I wonder why they don't sell the 2018 tickets at a little bit more if a discount to get rid of them. Then people who can use them before they expire will know what they are getting and others who need 2019 expiration will pay a few bucks more.

UT called me today and said that if I mail the tickets back to them, they will take them to Disney pay to have them upgraded to the Dec 31,2019 date and mail them back to me. :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:
UT customer service is so impressive. I was hoping they would offer you a small refund to cover the upgrade cost. But this is even better, saves you the leg work.

UT customer service is so impressive. I was hoping they would offer you a small refund to cover the upgrade cost. But this is even better, saves you the leg work.
Right? This would read like one of those customer testimonials you never believe if we hadn't been here for the whole saga! Super hope UT comes through for them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter