Check your Southwest fares! My July trip went down today!

momto4obkids

DIS Veteran
I thought I got a good deal for our return flight when I booked it at $77 from MCO to Chicago Midway, but when I went to do my daily price check this morning it had dropped to $47! I didn't think it would go lower than $77!

I was able to change 3 of our 5 flights to the cheaper price.

Now if our flight down would drop in price!!

:yay:

Yup, my flights dropped to $67 this morning, so I saved the difference in points. yay!

once you book your flight and paid for it, if the price changes can you get a refund ?

once you book your flight and paid for it, if the price changes can you get a refund ?

Sort of, you just rebook the same flight by changing your existing reservation and get a travel credit on your account for the difference. Travel credits have to be used within 1 year. You can continue doing this every time you see a dip in price, but be aware the credits don't combine. Each credit you apply towards a future flight counts as 1 form of payment, and I think SW only allows 3 for each booking now. So if you have a few gift cards to use it can get tricky. Because of this, we always book separately for each person and one way instead of RT. Then it's easier to spend all the discounted gift cards we stock up on throughout the year and apply credits.

Sort of, you just rebook the same flight by changing your existing reservation and get a travel credit on your account for the difference. Travel credits have to be used within 1 year. You can continue doing this every time you see a dip in price, but be aware the credits don't combine. Each credit you apply towards a future flight counts as 1 form of payment, and I think SW only allows 3 for each booking now. So if you have a few gift cards to use it can get tricky. Because of this, we always book separately for each person and one way instead of RT. Then it's easier to spend all the discounted gift cards we stock up on throughout the year and apply credits.

But if you book with points, the points get refunded if you rebook to a lower fare. No credits to deal with or that will expire. I always book separate one way fares too.

I keep trying for my September trip, but it seems that the fares don't go down from BUF to MCO.

It has stayed the same price. However, I'm flying out and returning on a Saturday, so it's less likely that Saturday fares come down.

I did have a $100 travel voucher from maintenance issues in February, though, so that helped me out.

I'll keep checking.

Ours out of Nashville BNA went up again now almost double original fare but we are never on the sales with outta BNA. I’ve already bought them, but it’s kind of crazy unless you can fly on Tues and Wed to/from there to MCO.

Yep, we are flying in on Tuesday and flying home on Tuesday so that is helping with the prices a lot.

Mine didn't start dropping until we were under 60 days, so maybe there is hope yet!

Ours out of Nashville BNA went up again now almost double original fare but we are never on the sales with outta BNA. I’ve already bought them, but it’s kind of crazy unless you can fly on Tues and Wed to/from there to MCO.

I’m in Nashville too and it agree it has been hard to get decent pricing for the last 18-24 months.

As of this AM the flight is up to $213 one way Bna to Mco and it’s a 5:00AM direct flight!! The last one the night before is $99 but arrival at 1:40AM. I’ve done both and the night flight was bad service as most of MCO was closed and they had five flights luggage on ONE conveyor - took us an hour to get bags to take on ME as their luggage service ended at 8pm. Then arrived at AOA with two bags and two kids and one front desk person. Luckily I had the text from online check in. And a maintenance person on golf cart took pity on us walking half way to Little Mermaid Room. Bless that man!!!! You couldn’t pay me to take that flight again!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter