• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Check in at resort first, or get tickets at SoG first?

GSD4ME

As old as Tigger
Hi . . . we will be at the World in just 11 days :hyper: and I'm already too excited to sleep!!! :banana:

Since we are getting our tickets at Shades of Green through their promotion for military and retired military, would it make sense for us to go there and get the tickets first and then check into our resort? Or would it make sense to go to CBR, check in and get our KTTW and then go get the tickets? I'm guessing the tickets would just be loaded on the KTTW, right?

Just trying to figure out what would be the easiest and quickest (doing online check-in as well) so we can hit the parks as soon as possible!

Thanks in advance for any advice!

I am no expert but I do not believe that the mil tix can be added to a KTTW card.

Option 1- get the mil tix first, check in the WDW resort, and then go to the park and activate the tickets.....................then you can enter the park and have fun.

Option 2-sometimes we do not even check into the resort until after spending our first few hours in the park. It depends on your priorities.

A lot of the decision is also influenced by total number of days at WDW, do you have the water park option, and what time will you actually be on the property and ready to have fun.

If your goal is to hit the parks as early as absolutely possible...............hit the resort last.

1. The Salute Tickets cannot be put on the KTTW.

2. You can get the Salute tickets at the Gate. Because of Sales Tax, you would pay $10.14 more per ticket for the hopper or WPF&M, or $11.96 more for the combination.

3. To go through the Toll Plaza or to park at one of the Parks you would have to pay $14 if you go to SoG first; if you check-in first you will get your parking pass.

4. Could you stop by the MWR/ITT office at Ft Meade or some other military base and get your tickets first. Then you will have with with you.

Thank you both for the good advice!!

My husband works at the Pentagon, but I don't know that you can get the same price ($156 for a 4 day park-hopper) at the MWR office. I think it was like $286 at MWR . . . .

But, it definitely sounds like it makes more sense to go to CBR and check-in first (we could get lucky and our room would be ready! pixiedust:).

Thanks again! :wave2:

The regular discounted tickets may have been that price, but I am sure they have the tickets at the Puzzle Palace. Have him make sure he asks for the Armed Forces Salute tickets. They are on plastic stock and one side has a stylized flag.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter