Cheaptickets.com?

E

eeyoresmom

Has any one ever purchased through them ? I found their site when searching for air through Orbitz. I did end up buying from them but am feeling uneasy. They have emailed me my reservations, but shouldn't the airline itself confirm for me ? i tried contacting United last night but was on hold for 18 min. :confused3 I have another reservation with SW that i want to cancel to free up those credits. Please reassure me if you have done business with Cheaptickets :listen:

eeyoresmom said:
Has any one ever purchased through them ? I found their site when searching for air through Orbitz. I did end up buying from them but am feeling uneasy. They have emailed me my reservations, but shouldn't the airline itself confirm for me ? i tried contacting United last night but was on hold for 18 min. :confused3 I have another reservation with SW that i want to cancel to free up those credits. Please reassure me if you have done business with Cheaptickets :listen:

When my grandfather passed away a couple years ago we got a really good deal on cheaptickets through their last minutes trips. Since we were booking with minimal notice, the airfare was very expensive. Using the last minute trips saved us a bundle. I wouldn't worry about! we did not have any issues. We got airfare and rental car.

Cheaptickets is a legitimate consolidator. Depending on the type of ticket you purchased you might have to make all changes through cheaptickets. It's possible your ticket will have different (higher) change fees than tickets booked directly with the airline. Restrictions on changing your flight may be tighter than if you booked directly with the airline.

This is the exact opposite of SW which doesn't impose change fees and will give you a credit for your entire fare if you don't show.

Thank You. I printed out my itenirary from Cheaptickets, is that all I need ? I keep thinking I need a confirmation directly from United...???

As you purchased via a consolidator, United may well not give you a confirmation. You can certainly call and ask (and please realize that United has a hub in Denver, and is very very busy with calls right now, hence the wait last night)

Your personal profile may not even be on the reservation, or they may be unable to touch it, right down to adding your email address and sending you an email confirmation.

If you are a Mileage Plus member, as a long shot go to united.com, enter your MP number, and go to 'my itineraries'. But I doubt that the consolidator would add your MP number, the fare may not be valid for MP points, and if you were a MP member chances are that you would buy direct from United's website (Just guessing, I may be wrong! :teeth: )

Hope that helps!

and no, you shouldn't need a United e-confirmation. Remember, it's not like the old paper tickets. In fact, most times I just arrive and give my name and passport; can't recall the last time I gave the agent anything (and you won't need anything if you check in on line or at a check in kiosk)

We used Cheaptickets for our last flight to Orlando (using Delta and United). I was able to view the flights booked through Cheaptickets on both Delta's and United's website. I keyed into the airline's website the airline confirmation number (NOT Cheapticket's confirmation number).

Cheapticket's is not a consolidator - but an online agency similar to Expedia and Orbitz (Cheaptickets is a owned by the same company that owns Orbitz).

http://www.cheaptickets.com/App/AboutUs?OSC=FLDrbahoeN!-1491682856!183214415!7001!-1&z=3fd&r=18

From cheaptickets.com
Realizing he was onto something, he asked the airline to give him more tickets at a discounted rate...and shortly thereafter CheapTickets was born

From http://www.hasbrouck.org/faq/

Cheap Tickets (cheaptickets.com) sells mostly by phone, but does an increasingly large part of its business through its Web site. Prior to Priceline, Cheap Tickets was probably the single largest consolidator of domestic USA tickets. The Cheap Tickets Web site lists only their consolidator prices; it's up to you to check a published- fare site to see if a published sale fare might be lower.

FYI 'consolidator' is does not have the negative connotations it once had in the travel industry - it's just a source of low priced tickets

OP here....regarding checking through the airlines website, the itinerary I have from cheaptickets has the cheaptickets and airline record locator #'s, would that be the confirmation #? I tried checking united's site using that # the day after I booked, but nothing showed up. Maybe it was too early ? you guys have reassured me though:)

United's TICKET numbers start with '016'; their confirmation numbers are a combination of letters and numbers

Are you a Mileage Plus member? If not, sign up on united.com and have them add your MP number to your record. Then log in and check 'my itineraries' and it MAY be there

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter