Cheapest way to add Universal

melidy

Mouseketeer
Before I go ahead and book my "usual" way I thought I'd ask here first in case I can pick up any money saving tips I hadn't heard of. So, what tends to come out as the cheapest way for you to add Universal tickets to your trips. Do you tend to book direct through Uni or do you buy tickets elsewhere / take advantage of any UK deals?

We'd be looking at doing two park days, 1 Halloween Horror Night and possibly a day at Volcano Bay.

I have the Disney side nailed but hoping someone has some great savings for Universal too!

Last year I booked with magical tickets who were slightly cheaper than directly through universal. I'm not sure if this is still the case as it was over 12 months ago but it could be worth checking.

I haven't done it but someone recommended undercover tourist. I looked last week and they had an offer for 2 days uni and get 2 days free. It's an American site so it's in dollars but when I converted 2 adults and 2 children it worked out to be just over $700.

I cannot believe how much uni tickets have shot up since last year!

I usually buy through American attractions or florida tix :)

I haven't done it but someone recommended undercover tourist. I looked last week and they had an offer for 2 days uni and get 2 days free. It's an American site so it's in dollars but when I converted 2 adults and 2 children it worked out to be just over $700.

I cannot believe how much uni tickets have shot up since last year!

I usually buy through American attractions or florida tix :)

We are booked to stay at WDW and only last night I was looking at prices to take my daughter for just one day and do both Universal parks which is what we have done in the past. I could not believe the price for one single day in June has gone up to $179 per person. I'm sure it was nearer the $100 mark only 2 or 3 years ago. A shocking increase and probably not one Ill be willing to swallow. Shame

For our summer trips we usually start out with 3 or 4 nights at universal. We stay on site to take advantage of the express pass - worthwhile in august!
I have, in the past, booked via universal site, a package including tickets for 3 days. Last august it was cheaper to book the hotel via Expedia and book a 14 day pass via Florida tix.
We only needed 4 days but it was a big big saving on any other price I saw, also gave us the option to return if we wanted to.

I've found the 14 day UK special deal is the same or cheaper than a 2 day 2 park ticket on the universal site, so we've always done that. It gives more flexibility of days.

I've found the 14 day UK special deal is the same or cheaper than a 2 day 2 park ticket on the universal site, so we've always done that. It gives more flexibility of days.
Agreed, anything less than 14 day Uni tickets are really bad value.

We've done two trips within 12 months for a couple of years now and even a Premier AP worked out cheaper

Florida tix have a flash sale at the moment - be quick it ends at midnight!
Not a huge saving on a 14 day ticket but every little helps!

Hi, never posted on here before but thought I would share the nice surprise I got today. Went into a Virgin store inside my local Tesco today to buy Universal tickets (2 adults) as found they had the cheapest price by a couple of pounds or so for 3-park hopper (inc. Volcano Bay) 14 day tickets - £210 each. We only want to visit Uni/Volcano Bay on 4 days but 14 day tickets are better value. Anyway, went to purchase my tickets and the staff member told me that I would also be getting 2 days Early Park Admission thrown in for free as well, and this made my day as we are not staying at a Uni resort so I didn't think we would be able to get EPA any other way, so was really happy to learn Virgin have a deal with Uni on this! I know you mentioned HHN too, but as we didn't want to do this, I can't comment on the add-on price for that, but it may be worth a visit to Virgin?

Hi, never posted on here before but thought I would share the nice surprise I got today. Went into a Virgin store inside my local Tesco today to buy Universal tickets (2 adults) as found they had the cheapest price by a couple of pounds or so for 3-park hopper (inc. Volcano Bay) 14 day tickets - £210 each. We only want to visit Uni/Volcano Bay on 4 days but 14 day tickets are better value. Anyway, went to purchase my tickets and the staff member told me that I would also be getting 2 days Early Park Admission thrown in for free as well, and this made my day as we are not staying at a Uni resort so I didn't think we would be able to get EPA any other way, so was really happy to learn Virgin have a deal with Uni on this! I know you mentioned HHN too, but as we didn't want to do this, I can't comment on the add-on price for that, but it may be worth a visit to Virgin?
:welcome:

I saw this offer last night whilst browsing VH website :rolleyes1

It is a very good deal but when I looked at the T&C they have to be used this year :guilty: Not good for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter