Cheapest buy 2 days get 3 free tickets?

Matthew81

Earning My Ears
Have to buy by tomorrow is there anywhere cheaper than the universal website? Probably staying 6 nights at endless summer resort or cabana bay (possibly one night at RPH) should I buy the $305 annual pass for myself to get aph hotel rate or just buy the buy 2 get 3 free like I plan on doing for my wife and son?

You can check undercovertourist.com or visitorlando.com for discounted tickets.

If there is an annual pass discount (APH rate) I would do some math, then decide. You do not have to have the annual pass in hand when booking, but it must be shown by checkout to keep the discounted rate.

Can the buy 2 days get 3 days free tickets be upgraded to an annual pass if I need to?

just went to Universal website and it looks like the buy 2 days get 3 free offer has been extended until July 31st am I right about that?

Make sure there are rooms available for the ap discount
Can you upgrade to an annual pass if you buy the tickets through undercover tourist?

Yes

You can upgrade with tickets from any vendor you buy from to the AP.

But like skylock posted, promo tickets don't have a monetary value when you upgrade with them to the ap.

If APH rates are available at the hotel your staying. I say go for it -buy the AP!

In our case when we went in April, we stayed at PBH and our 3 night stay hotel room savings was $650 using APH rate. No brainer for us. Plus you have 1yr pass to make another trip later on.

Make sure there are rooms available for the ap discount

Yes

You can upgrade with tickets from any vendor you buy from to the AP.

But like skylock posted, promo tickets don't have a monetary value when you upgrade with them to the ap.

Ok, sorry to be a dunce here but let me see if I understand. If I buy the promo ticket at $286 or whatever it is and then want to upgrade to the AP, I will have to pay in full for the AP because the promo ticket has "no value"? Am I reading that correctly because I want to be sure I get that right...
Thank you for your patience everyone!

What you did pay for the ticket pass will be applied towards the ap you want to switch to

The free tickets will not have a monetary value

May I hijack this a bit? I booked our room with APH rate, bought the promo tickets for the rest of the family and now need to, eventually, get myself an AP. Should I just purchase the AP on the USF site or is there a way to save a bit a la the old Disney price bridging (purchasing regular, non promo, discounted tix via UCT?). Just starting to investigate, would appreciate any input.

If you use the search button, you will see some threads to guide you

Only thing you need to know you do not get any monetary advantage when you buy the special tickets that include free days

The buy 2 day tickets, get 3 days free is what I’m referring to

Ok, sorry to be a dunce here but let me see if I understand. If I buy the promo ticket at $286 or whatever it is and then want to upgrade to the AP, I will have to pay in full for the AP because the promo ticket has "no value"? Am I reading that correctly because I want to be sure I get that right...
Thank you for your patience everyone!

No, you would buy the AP minus what you actually paid for the ticket you are upgrading. So you would pay whatever the additional the AP would have cost.

Save yourself some possible aggravation and just buy the AP if that is what you want.

At the most, anyway you go about it, you would maybe save yourself the smallest bit of money, but in the end, would it really be worth it to have to go thru the upgrade process?

I just get my AP from universal. Job done. It is just not worth it for me to save maybe $5.

Honestly, 10 min of my vacation time is worth more than $5 and that 10 min is assuming there is no line you have to wait in, the transation goes completely smoothly. And in most cases, you will not even save that $5.

No, you would buy the AP minus what you actually paid for the ticket you are upgrading. So you would pay whatever the additional the AP would have cost.

Save yourself some possible aggravation and just buy the AP if that is what you want.

At the most, anyway you go about it, you would maybe save yourself the smallest bit of money, but in the end, would it really be worth it to have to go thru the upgrade process?

I just get my AP from universal. Job done. It is just not worth it for me to save maybe $5.

Honestly, 10 min of my vacation time is worth more than $5 and that 10 min is assuming there is no line you have to wait in, the transation goes completely smoothly. And in most cases, you will not even save that $5.
THANK YOU. I totally agree. Thank you for clarifying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter