Cheap breakfast ideas for in room before park?

Instant oatmeal and we made in the running plain water through the coffee maker to get hot water

Funny, I just suggested the same thing. It's amazing what you can do with a coffee pot. Back in the early 90s when we had no money, I used the hot water through a coffee pot for things like hot dogs, cup-a-soup and instant noodles :-)

we are bringing our Keurig and I was JUST thinking about dd bringing oatmeal packets for her kids.

I am also planning on boiling a bunch of eggs. I peel them, toss them in a ziploc bag with salt and pepper and shake them around so they are ready to be eaten; makes a great car snack also.

I've got my word processing app open and I'm about to type a list of all the suggestions given here. :)

We order bakery muffins, donuts, yogurt, a bag of apples and beverages from Garden Grocer. We add in a couple of bags of tortilla chips and a jar of salsa and any other snacks the kids want to our order for inexpensive in room eats. You can really order a lot of different items from them.

We stay in a villa studio, usually. DH likes Jimmy Dean biscuits/English muffins and I like the Jimmy Dean Omelets for breakfast. They come frozen, but we let them thaw and stay in the refrigerator - both the breakfast sandwiches and the omelets cook more evenly when thawed.

Also, you can't beat low-fat cheese sticks and low-fat luncheon meat for a quick protein breakfast, at least for me. I mix splenda and mustard for a low-calorie dip to eat with them.

we are bringing our Keurig and I was JUST thinking about dd bringing oatmeal packets for her kids.

I am also planning on boiling a bunch of eggs. I peel them, toss them in a ziploc bag with salt and pepper and shake them around so they are ready to be eaten
; makes a great car snack also.

I've got my word processing app open and I'm about to type a list of all the suggestions given here. :)

I'd forgotten about this! I haven't bother boiling eggs to bring with me, although I really should, but I have bought pre-boiled eggs at Target and snacked on them.

Hmm. . .now I'm thinking about boiling a dozen eggs and bringing them with us on our next trip. . .oh yum!:thumbsup2

milk = protein,right?:goodvibes and I figure over the course of a day we get the balance we need..... for us, we bring along a box of our cereal(whatever we like) and buy milk locally when we get there...pack the bowls, and spoons, rinse and go! That with the in room coffeemaker is plenty till we get going for the day...my people graze all day no matter what we start with,so it's all easy.....:thumbsup2

Box of Cheerios (brought bowls and spoons)
Applesauce
Cereal Bars
Oatmeal (food court has hot water)

If you are driving you have more options
Yogurt
Fruit
Bagels, Muffins, Bread (use the toaster in the food court)
Cheese
Carrots-snack
Milk

We eat breakfast on the way to the parks. I get too antsy sitting around the room! And with that many to get fed you may be there a minute. :) I pack things we can eat in the car on the way to the park. I usually put it together in a large ziplock the night before so we can grab and go. Plus you have extra snacks if you don't eat it all. There are lots of healthy "snacks" that can be used for breakfast that are both kid and adult friendly. Granola bars with protein, healthy fruit snacks/leather, fruit pouches, chobani Greek go-gurts, ovaltine/instant breakfast mixes, the new belvita soft bakes are really good too its like eating an oatmeal cookie, homemade trail mix, cliff bars they have larger ones for adults and smaller ones for kids, etc. if your want to splurge a bit and not be so healthy cereal bars, pop tarts...

I was wondering if there were any other delivery options other than garden grocer? I wanted to see if I could find a couple of other reputable services and compare their prices.

Also, do they carry soy milk at the resorts? I was thinking about bringing our own cereal. We're planning on staying at POR.

I was wondering if there were any other delivery options other than garden grocer? I wanted to see if I could find a couple of other reputable services and compare their prices.

Also, do they carry soy milk at the resorts? I was thinking about bringing our own cereal. We're planning on staying at POR.

We use WeGoShop. I like them because they will shop at whatever store you prefer and charge you the exact price plus a shopping fee. They even bring the receipt for you to see.

We took cereal, protein bars, granola and almonds. Don't forget to take spoons & disposable bowls. We also took some of the individual fruit & applesauce cups. I worried that they might get mashed (Southern word there I believe) and make a mess so I put them in a plastic Rubbermaid container when packing.

They have 1/2 gallons of milk in most or all the food courts I believe (if you're staying on site) for around $2.99.

There is a small refrigerator for milk, cheese etc. I too recommend protein. We can't do peanuts but if you can, that is great. Pair PB with bagels or wraps or crackers or any good carb. Also cheese of any kind. If you can stop at a store on the way, we like to buy the small party trays of ham and cheese and crackers. A 5.00 one will feed us breakfast and is full of protein. We also take apples and the apple sauce pouches and real juice boxes.

Have you tried Laughing Cow cheese wedges? These are great to spread on bagels and also make a good snack with pretzels or crackers. Very portable and easy to store in the fridge.

We do the frozen breakfast sandwiches and frozen waffles and cook them in the food court.

I was wondering if there were any other delivery options other than garden grocer? I wanted to see if I could find a couple of other reputable services and compare their prices. Also, do they carry soy milk at the resorts? I was thinking about bringing our own cereal. We're planning on staying at POR.

AoA had soy milk, and I saw it regularly in the parks, so I imagine all resorts have it.

Growing up, my mother made a snack bar using Cocoa Krispies, peanut butter, and some other stuff (no marshmallows though) and I always make a pan of those for breakfast. We love them and they are nicely portable. We normally drive so having room for this sort of thing is no problem.

I second cereal/granola type bars. Anything that doesn't require a utensil is what I aim for. :goodvibes

Also, even when we have had the resort mugs for soft drinks, etc. I always bring disposable cups with lids for breakfast drinks. Usually what we do is leave our room with our breakfast and drink in hand and eat while we walk to the bus stop, and throw everything away once we're done.

Unless we are in a room with a real coffee maker, I always bring my (tiny) electric tea kettle and French press for coffee, because even if we are going out for breakfast, I neeeeeeeeed a caffeine jolt as soon as I open my eyes. :coffee:

Regardless of whether there's a coffee pot already in the room or not, I always travel with my own ground coffee. I'm not a fan of the k-cups/pods, or coffee provided in-room.

Some in room quick breakfast ideas: cold cereal, oatmeal packets, pop tarts, bagels with cream cheese or peanut butter, granola bars, string cheese, yogurt, fresh fruit, prepackaged fruit cups, orange juice, and milk. When we stayed onsite at WDW we packed dry goods (cereal, oatmeal packets, granola bars, pop tarts, etc.) in our suitcases and ordered other foods (bread, milk, juice, juice boxes, bottled water, fresh fruit, yogurt, etc.) from Garden Grocer which I highly recommend if you won't have your own transportation and don't want to buy a great deal of items from the gift shop or food court which can get rather pricey. For instant oatmeal, bagels, pop tarts, and toast there is free hot water as well as toasters and microwaves available for use in the resort food courts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter